Division Controller Europe
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 15 november 2018 2018-11-152019-01-14 manufacturing-and-production Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
How would it be to start as the Division Controller Europe for Holland Colours in Apeldoorn? In this challenging position you Manage three Finance Managers (NL, UK and Hungary) and Direct the Business Control function for the entire division. You are the economic conscience for the European Division, sparring partner to the CFO, and a true Business Partner within the Management Team (MT). Interested? Read more:
About Holland Colours
40 years ago, the founders of Holland Colours had a unique idea to realize a successful business: in a world that was not yet clean, the encapsulation of dusty pigments could open up a new market. A number of principles underlie this success. One of those founding principles was that all employees had to be shareholders of the company. To this day, all employees participate as shareholders in the company. That creates commitment, involvement and responsibility. The connection with the company and mutual collegiality are characteristic for Holland Colours.
Holland Colours is a Dutch company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange. With committed employee shareholders and operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, we provide personal local service on a global scale. We are in the midst of a strategy alignment process with special focus on the European Division to realize year on year profitability growth.
The Division Controller position
The Division Controller will manage our European Finance team (3 Direct Reports + 2 Indirect Reports) with locations in Apeldoorn (HQ), Szolnok (Hungary) and Gillingham (UK). The Divisional Controller is a member of the Holland Colours Europe Management Team (MT). The financial business processes are solid with clear opportunities for further digitalization.
This role reports directly to the CFO of Holland Colours and has a close working relationship with the following functional peers: the Group Controller, the Divisional Controllers Americas and Asia as well as the Business Analysist Europe.
The scope of your responsibilities
In this Management Team (MT) position, you act as a sparring partner for the CFO and you’re the economic conscience for the Head of the Division Europe and the Management Team Members of the Division. You provide valuable performance analysis to support the management in making the right business decisions. As Division Controller you direct the Business Control and Business Analysis function (provided by the group) and steer margin management.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing the Dutch, UK and Hungarian Finance Teams (Managers);
- Being an active Business Partner for the Management Team (MT) – including CEO, CFO, and heads of Sales and Marketing, HR, Technical and Operations;
- Directing the Business Control and Margin Management function, with support of the Business Analyst;
- Revenue-, Margin- and Profitability Analyses and improvements;
- Costing (Models); including ABC;
- Developing and following through on KPI models for the division;
- Business cases and calculating investment/profitability scenario’s;
- Division-wide budgeting and forecasting;
- Division-wide consolidation and creation of management information;
- Preparing IFRS based financial reporting of high quality that is 100% trustworthy and timely;
- Define and maintain an effective in Control Framework;
- Implement effective ways of working in the (finance) administration functions that support the business;
- Protect the company against fraud and enable a smooth annual closing audit (you’re the lead in external audits for the EU);
- Lead the risk management function for the division and report on implementation progress on risk mitigation measures;
- Liaises with the Group Controller as well as the Group IT Department in a constructive way.
Based on your analytical abilities you are able to influence peers. You’re curious to learn new businesses and you take initiative and dare to challenge the "status quo".
Your qualifications/ experience:
- University degree in Economics, Business Control or Accounting;
- At least 5+ years of directly relevant work experience in an international and industrial environment;
- Proven track record with applying results for the Business Control and Analysis in effective (change) measures;
- Management skills in both straight and dotted line responsibility;
- Critical, tenacious and proactive attitude and good social, communication and advisory skills;
- Basic understanding of convert important data in IT Tools;
- Fluent command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbally.
Joram Falkenburg (Consultant Robert Walters) is exclusively handling this procedure. Please apply directly through Robert Walters and / or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.