Senior Business Controller
Salaris €70,000 - €100,000 per annum + bonus, auto
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 1 februari 2019 2019-02-012019-04-02 retail Hoorn North Holland NL EUR 70000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
For Action we are recruiting for an experienced Business Controller with excellent business partnering skills. Do you know how to support the continued rapid international growth of Action? Are you ambitious, down-to-earth and solution- and target oriented? Yes? Keep on reading please.
Action opens a number of new stores nationally and internationally every week. This rapid growth makes us a successful organization, continuously expanding in scale. Your responsibilities on an international basis will increase accordingly. Not only does Action grow, but you will also have numerous possibilities to grow and develop yourself at our company.
The Senior Business Controller Supply Chain is a business partner supporting and challenging the management team in realizing profitable and sustainable growth, while monitoring and managing risks. The overall role of this position is to support the continued rapid (international) growth of Action in a manner that safeguards the financial integrity of our reporting and manages the key risk elements of their growth.
The Senior Business Controller Supply Chain is part of a team of six business controllers and reports directly to the Finance Manager Supply Chain with direct exposure to the Group Finance Director and CFO. As part of the Group Finance Department consisting of Financial Control, Business Control and Financial Shared Service Centre, you have an important, independent and visible position to the organization being a critical and proactive sparring partner.
This is a varied role with tasks ranging from timely, accurate and complete reporting and analysing of the logistical performance to supporting the preparation of forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and business cases. This role involves extensive frequent internal interaction in an international playing field with senior management and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of Action the role offers excellent career opportunities, we are looking for an experienced candidate who can strengthen and support the team. You will be working at their HQ in Zwaagdijk (close to Hoorn).
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Oversee and manage monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting and variance analyses and report results to senior management.
- Conduct robust analyses to support decisions and opportunities to achieve group targets including KPI tracking on key KPI.
- Support and contribute to the preparation and development of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Constructively challenge the Supply Chain teams to ensure rigor in the performance, numbers and plans.
- Provide decision support to the Supply Chain teams to help driving the continued rapid (international) growth of Action based on solid operational understanding.
- Business partner with the Supply Chain and Finance team to analyse and support on the 3 key areas:
- Developing European DC infrastructure.
- Realizing operational effectiveness of the DC and Transport.
- Managing the flow of goods from supplier to store with an emphasis on integrated, lean End-to-End processes.
- Review the processes and strengthen internal controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Being involved in special projects as required.
- Experience in large dynamic international retail/FMCG/production/manufacturing environments. Obviously, experience in supply chain is a great asset.
- At least a Master degree in Finance, Controlling or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (such as SAP and Hyperion).
- Highly analytical thinker
- Driven, energetic
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment.
- Solution- and target oriented.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal (communication) skills and a team player.
- Internationally oriented (potentially non-Dutch).
Action offers the following remuneration
- A good salary package.
- Car, if desired
- A company laptop and phone.
- And many other interesting benefits
Interested? Great, please apply ASAP so that we can tell you more about this challenging role. We are looking forward to meeting you.