Head of Delivery
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 3 oktober 20192019-10-03 2019-12-02 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Schiphol-Rijk North Holland NL EUR 6000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
How would it be to start as the Head of Delivery for one of the largest and fastest growing global packaging companies in the world? You would be leading a team of "inhouse consultants", aimed at strategically improving and tactically impacting the entire global business - across all busines units. The core is in Finance: Management Accounting / Business Controlling, and you apply yourself in areas like Supply Chain optimization, IT harmonisation and Project Delivery. Read more:
About the Company
You will be working for a large, stock-listed, internationally operating Packaging company, with it's Corporate HQ in Schiphol, The Netherlands. Despite its size (6 billion turnover, 32000 FTE), it is still one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. They are a main supplier for companies like Amazon, and countless well-known FMCG companies you probably use on a daily basis.
You will manage about 5 FTE and report directly to the Strategy Director. This strategy department lies across all Global Business Units; and its mission is to strategically improve the global company's position, results and operation overall, yet still making impact at tactical, operational level within each BU. You can see this as an "inhouse strategic management consulting" team.
This Head of Delivery position has it's core in Finance (Business Control / Management Accounting / Analysis) and Project Delivery.
Your role revolves heavily around calculating and determining the financial sense of strategic innitiatives, suggested by the Leadership Team. It's on your team to challenge these suggestions, and evaluate their merit.
Eg: Improving Business results, M&A tracks or Supply Chain operations.
Your team / you will:
- Lead the ‘Delivery’ function for the Supply Engine (SE) Business Unit, as part of the Strategy Team.
- Ensure delivery of business-critical projects: driving value, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Manage the SE programme & project portfolio, ensuring correct governance and alignment with the Corporate Plan.
- Lead (as Project/Programme Director) selected SE programmes.
- Supports the SE leadership team (SELT) in their project/programme roles.
- Supports SE Functions and Divisions to plan and deliver implementation and issue resolution.
- Directs, supports, trains, and coaches SE project teams with standardised delivery methodology.
- Promotes the professionalisation of ‘Delivery’ as a support function, including the adoption of the delivery framework across the SE.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Deliver financial value and operational efficiency
- Successful delivery of projects and programmes whilst navigating the ‘big picture’.
- Delivery (as Project Director) of selected projects.
- Supporting Divisional teams to deliver their programmes and projects.
- Management, training, coaching, & development of the SE Delivery team.
- Provide financial challenge and support to project set-up, and ensure correct financial resource to accurately track and forecast projects.
- Ensure that the SELT are fully appraised of risks and benefits of all projects in scope, including risks relating to change management.
- Conflict resolution of project activity and resource.
- Continuous improvement and development to the Delivery Framework.
- Liaison with Packaging Delivery Team to optimise portfolio, and improve delivery across Group.
- Lead and manage the PD team, including applying management principles and Talent Development techniques.
- Ensure projects/programmes are correctly resourced to deliver as prioritised by the SELT: highlight conflicts and resource constraints; ensure sustainable resourcing; coordination with the future pipeline.
- Deliver timely portfolio/project reporting to the SELT. Ensure Risks related to delivery of the portfolio are correctly tracked and owned.
- Proactively resolve conflicts and bottlenecks, as determined by SELT prioritisation.
- Drive implementation of delivery framework. Ensure correct training and support to local PMs.
- Ensure programmes that require change management apply the correct principles and tools.
- Accountable for training and upskilling Project Management across.
- Accountable for converting and maintaining the Annual Corporate Plan in the key projects list.
Your experience and knowledge
- 10 years ‘blue chip’ consulting (or ‘in-house’) in international manufacturing companie, including experience in strategy deployment and programme/project delivery.
- A background in Finance, Management Accounting, Business Controlling, and / or Management Consulting could also be a good fit.
- Experience in strategy team and project implementation.
- Credible to challenge and support senior directors.
- Clarity of thought and expression- able to understand the context of projects in the ‘big picture’.
- Ability to provide strategic and financial challenge and support to project teams (management accounting).
- Experience of management & delivery without direct authority.
- Understand planning and project management principles and change management.
- Strong leadership and people engagement.
- Flexible: Able to champion change when priorities and resources change at short notice.
- Ability to travel (Europe primarily, c.50%)
Apply directly through Robert Walters, and / or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.