Business Controller International
Consultant Alexandra Van der Lelij
Datum 18 oktober 20192019-10-18 2019-12-17 manufacturing-and-production Utrecht Utrecht NL EUR 75000 76000 76000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Position The Business Controller International is end responsible for setting up, implementing and maintaining a coherent set of management reporting in the companies Group. You will be Business Controller for the nn-European regions (Asia, United States of America, etc.) The Business Controller International reports to the Group CFO.
Maintains strategic contacts with:
- The Executive Board and other members of the Holding.
- All financial managers and general managers within the companies Group.
- Regional controllers and members of regional management teams.
- External contacts like accountants and other stakeholders.
To inspire a performance culture in the company through (a) enhancing economic and financial focus in planning, budgeting and target setting, (b) providing economic and financial decision support for investments and other significant decisions, (c) analyzing actual performance against plan, budget, target and historical performance and promoting adequate follow up actions and (d) developing and maintaining appropriate management reporting structure.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
The Business Controller International has a supporting role in the development of the strategy, from financial perspective, and has to ensure that this meets the vision, mission and central values of the company.
- He/She stimulates and enables management of the organization to translate and track the strategic goals and the roadmap through the use of a clear (financial) management information system, and share this actively with their reports.
- The Business Controller challenges regional (financial) management on choices outside the strategic objectives and/or roadmap and flags issues to the appropriate level.
- He/She supports the development of the strategy within non-European regions and ensures that this meets the vision, mission and central values of the companies Group.
In cooperation with the Business Controller Europe the Business Controller International ensures the forming of the budget, forecasts, and targets, in conformity with the strategic planning process, showing the way to a more profitable future, with performance measurement (like f.i. with various ratios between costs and income) that are in line with industry standards. You are able to calculate costprizes of different materials.
- Financial performance, efficiency, flow of funds and all budgetary items are monitored and analyzed continuously
- Information on financial performance and budgetary items is available.
- Financial rolling forecasting mechanisms are implemented within all the entities and are aligned with the Sales & Operational rolling forecast.
The Business Controller International ensures that there is a coherent set of management reports, on regional and group level, which is aligned with the strategic direction and goals of this organization. Reports and analysis will be shared with the appropriate management level, including Supervisory Board and Shareholders.
- From a financial and non-financial perspective, company results are analyzed against plan, budget, target and historical performance, and reported on, assisting business management to ensure actions and decisions are in line with the strategic guidelines.
- Ad-hoc analysis are made, requested or on own initiative, to clarify any issues where necessary.
- Support is given in large investment projects, or (de)mergers and acquisitions, preparing or analyzing business cases and risks. Actual results of these projects are analyzed against the business cases.
The Business Controller International has an important role in this organization. He/She is therefore an important role model.
- Academic level, in Business Management or Accountancy, preferably followed by RC or RA education.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Financial leadership role.
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in an international industrial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of financial and management accounting.
- General knowledge of regulations and legislation.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent numerical and mathematical insight.
- Flexible and able to travel internationally (approximately 15%)
- Good general management skills (leadership, planning & organization).
- Approachable, motivational and coaching, people manager and excellent communication skills.