Consultant Jonathan Koonincks
Datum 4 mei 2023zuid-holland accountancy-finance/business-control 2023-05-04 2023-07-03 accountancy Dordrecht Zuid-Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
For our client Valvoline we are looking for an assertive and pro-active Business Controller! Valvoline™ Global Operations is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. They are now part of Aramco, one of the world’s largest integrated energy and chemicals companies.
Your potential employer
Valvoline™ Global Operations is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. With sales in more than 140 countries and territories, our solutions are available for every engine and drivetrain, including high-mileage and heavy-duty vehicles, offered at more than 80,000 locations. And we’re committed to powering the future of mobility for vehicles with electric, hybrid and internal combustion powertrains – today and as we move forward.
We are now a part of Aramco, one of the world’s largest integrated energy and chemicals companies. Our strategic partnership creates a powerful combination to drive unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Your tasks and responsibilities
This position is responsible to support the business of the Valvoline European region. The Business Controller is a crucial and active role in the EMEA finance team. One of the main goals is to protect the profitability and reliability of the region by maintaining financial data integrity in compliance with group accounting policy and international accounting standards.
Next to that reduce and mitigate risks by pro-actively performing financial analysis (in multiple currencies).
The business controller reports to the Director Finance & Control EMEA.
- Be a sparring and business partner for the Finance Director regarding reporting & analysis, investment proposals, etc.
- Lead the budget and forecasting process in the European region and ensure the timely and accurate completion of the annual budget and monthly forecast and reporting.
- Participate in the performance reporting cycle and report on financial and non-financial KPI's. Anticipating where needed.
- Support the financial control processes and ensure compliance on US GAAP and Valvoline guidelines.
- Initiate and support value creation by identifying cost reduction and revenue opportunities.
- Initiate and support business decisions with profitability and risk analyses.
- Initiate and support investment proposals and evaluations.
- Develop and maintain financial models
- Communicate, discuss and challenge financial impacts with Supply Chain, Sales directors and other managers. Prepare and present at Sales group meetings where financial input is required/requested.
- Partner and liaise with various departments as well as other relevant global stakeholders and establish deep relationships with key members of these teams.
- Actively liaise with local financial departments and global departments.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends and developments, benchmarking.
- Performing variance and trend analyzes based on price, exchange rate, efficiency (etc.) to find reasons for deviations in results relative to budget.
- Ensure consistent reporting in the various recurring reporting requirements.
- Coach and lead team members in Serbia and Europe.
- Responsible for reviewing manufacturing analyses and variances and initiating appropriate actions.
- Business partner with manufacturing process owners to drive efficient and transparent business processes
- Ad hoc reports and tasks
Your experience and knowledge
- A Master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant work experience in an international environment.
- Strong and proven knowledge of Accounting.
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written.
- IT skills - Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office especially Excel, reporting/financial systems (SAP preferred).
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communicative skills in different cultures and a flexible and service minded attitude. Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written, ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment, able to meet deadlines.
- Able to challenge the status quo with a continuous drive for improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills and conceptual capabilities, able to formulate and understand business issues, situations or problems by breaking them down into smaller parts and analyze them.
- Be able to interpret data and draw conclusions and provide focused guidance.
- Be analytical and have an eye for order, quality and accuracy. Be able to quickly see the core of the problem and able to translate this into practical solutions with checking the correctness and completeness.
- Flexible, able to cope with stress and deadlines, work well in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to obtain the right information in a variety of sources, by asking questions and doing desk research. Able to see the big picture while keen on detail.
- Hands on, proactive and problem-solving mentality, always looking for process improvements and able to work on different projects at the same time.
- Desire to continually learn and develop as an individual as well as the team.
Neem contact op
+31 (0) 10 799 80 90
Salaris: €65,000 - €75,000 per jaarLocatie: Leidschendam-VoorburgDatum online: 2 juni 2023Als business controller word je verantwoordelijk voor het financieel adviseren en besturen van een aantal scholen, in een leuk en divers team vanuit Leidschendam.
Salaris: BespreekbaarLocatie: DordrechtDatum online: 4 mei 2023For our client Valvoline we are looking for an assertive and pro-active Business Controller! Valvoline™ Global Operations is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. They are now part of Aramco, one of the world’s largest integrated energy and chemicals companies.
Salaris: €65,000 - €75,000 per jaarLocatie: Leidschendam-VoorburgDatum online: 24 april 2023Als business controller word je verantwoordelijk voor het financieel adviseren en besturen van een aantal scholen, in een leuk en divers team vanuit Leidschendam.
Salaris: €65,000 - €70,000 per jaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 24 april 2023Ben jij iemand die verantwoordelijkheden niet uit de weg gaat? Ben je een uitblinker in cijfers en heb je een passie voor vastgoed? Dan hebben wij een mooie uitdaging voor jou!
Salaris: €66,000 - €72,000 per jaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 16 mei 2023Would you, as a financial controller, like to contribute to a circular economy and a sustainable world? Then Enviu is the company for you! Enviu is an internationally focused company that invests in start-ups, from Europe to Afrika, which commit to the environment and sustainabilty. One of their successes is the hydrogen watertaxi in their home town Rotterdam. Sounds like something for you? Have a look at the vacancy and apply!