Associate Director Costing
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 2 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Ready for the next step in your career? Do you have a CMA-qualification (or equivalent) and at least 7 years of working experience? And a solid background in the manufacturing/pharmaceutical industry? Plus (some) managerial experience? Then the Associate Director Costing at MSD could be yours soon.
Your next employer?
TheyMSD is a global pharmaceutical company with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. They are building a new kind of healthcare company.
Your future position
They are currently looking for a Associate Director Costing. Your Line Manager will be the Global Director Costing and Sales COSI. This is position is part of a Cost of Sales and Inventory (COSI) organization. This position will be together with other peers being responsible for:
- Supporting facilities with management reporting, performing global product cost analysis and PGM impact/analysis
- Responsible for analytical analysis on operating results and ensuring correct mark-up elimination are performed
- Ensuring consolidated closing is performed according to policies and procedures so appropriate internal and external reporting can be performed
- Providing feedback to senior management on financial operational results
- Supporting internal/External Audits
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Owner of the global product costing policies and procedure in cooperation with other regional counterparts in COSI
- Ensure costing activities are performed according to US GAAP rules and additional local regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate and adequate internal controls are in place in accordance with corporate procedures and what is documented in Archer. To include liaising with internal and external audit teams
- Responsible for providing monthly financial process results related to production variances, inventory adjustments and absorption to all sites and providing recurring forecast and high level commentary
- Perform ad-hoc consolidation analysis to support business decisions
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of assigned branches/ entities for Cost & Sales and inventory balances from end to end perspective on a monthly basis
- Directing and managing the Finance function to ensure that Corporate reporting deadlines and requirements are met on a consistent basis
- Coordinate and supervise yearly product cost development for future year and providing productivity calculations
- Responsible to review Idle Capacity calculations for year budget
- Owner of product cost template and MMD productivity methodology for responsible sites
- Participate in weekly meetings with director and counterparts and develop strategical strategy to move forward
- Implement Six Sigma tools within group to ensure on-going efficiency and being pro-active
- Contribute and actively work with operation managerial levels to focus on financial stewardship, cost improvements and long-term business projects to achieve long term company goals
- Manage, coach & develop peers by perform mid-year reviews, year-end appraisals and develop employee development plans
- Education: Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience - ACA, ACCA, CMA or equivalent postgraduate finance qualification
- Technologies: Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP
- Management experience: Experience will management team and communicating to large stakeholder base
- Project experience: knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma (strong pre)
- Expert knowledge: Good SAP knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Able to explain complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- Able to robustly challenge decisions with reasoned financial justification
- Further you are an effective change manager with good ability to coach and mentor others
- And also able to see the wider picture and how decisions could affect the site, region, MMD.
- Willingness to travel 10%-30%
Robert Walters is responsible for the first selection round. Please respond to this email ASAP to show your interest for this position. Looking forward to meeting you!