Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 28 november 2018 2018-11-28retail Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters
Are you ready to become the next Finance Director of Inditex? Are you CPA/RA or equivalent? Would you love working for an international, dynamic retail organization? Then we might be looking for you.
Inditex Group is one of the world’s largest fashion distributors, with eight brands, e.g. ZARA, Massimo Dutti, Zara Home and around 7.000 stores in 96 countries.
Inditex SA is quoted at the Spanish stock exchange. Thanks to its achievements and the uniqueness of its management model based on innovation and flexibility, Inditex is one of the largest fashion distribution groups. Its fashion philosophy -creativity and quality design together with a rapid response to market demands- has resulted in fast international expansion.
The Finance Director is responsible for the accounting of Inditex. Together with his team (Head of Accounting + Accountants), she/he is in charge of improving and processing all the accounting transactions, the monthly closing of the books and the reporting to the headquarters. She/he is responsible for the compliance with the local and group policies and procedure. As the Finance Director is part of a fast-changing environment, she/he has to be able to work independently and be flexible. The Finance Director will report directly to the Managing Director.
We are looking for a finance manager for an international, dynamic organization. You are responsible for the organization and execution of all accounting activities and financial reporting. As you are part of a fast changing environment, you have to be able to work independently and be flexible. You are part of a dynamic team and the company offers many growth opportunities.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Organize task and duties within the department and retain, coach, develop the team;
- Organize and supervise the correct functioning all of accounting related tasks;
- Review the relevant processes on effectiveness and efficiency and take correcting measures if necessary;
- Take the lead the management of project and implementation of new tools;
- Assure compliance with local and group policies and procedures;
- Assure monthly closing and reporting to Headquarter within the deadlines;
- Responsible for the year end closing and the elaboration of the statutory financial statements;
- Perform financial analyses;
- Coordinate audit with the external auditors;
- Assure tax compliance (VAT, direct tax, social security, etc.), coordinate with Corporate tax department or external consultants when necessary;
- Maintain a good overview & take care of the details.
Education / requirements
- A Post-Master degree in Accounting (RA, CPA, CA or equivalent)
- 10+ years solid experience in accounting and/or consulting (e.g. audit experience);
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Successful track record in a managerial position in an international environment;
- Experience in process improvement and documentation;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (!), Spanish would be a plus;
- Flexible, ready to adapt working hours to the workload (especially during monthly closings).
- Fit in an international organization with close contacts with the corporate office in Spain and the international subsidiaries;
- Proactive, showing initiatives, hands-on type;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Team player.
What’s in it for you?
Obviously working for one of the most interesting and rapidly growing retailers worldwide. Inditex will offer you a great salary package. You will be working with an ambitious and fun team in the city centre of Amsterdam. There are also many (international) growing opportunities Inditex is willing to explore with you. Enthusiastic? Fantastic, because there is more to tell……
Please do not wait any longer and apply immediately.