Associate Director Reporting
Salaris €85,000 - €100,000 per annum + bonus, shares
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 15 juni 2022noord-holland accountancy-finance/finance-director 2022-06-15 2022-08-14 pharmaceuticals Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 85000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
uniQure (Biotech) is looking for a Associate Director Financial Reporting (Amsterdam). Do you have a Big4 (CPA/CA/RA) background, knowledge of SOX and USGAAP and ready for your next step? Read on!
uniQure is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
This position will be based in Amsterdam and reports to the Director Financial Reporting.
Purpose of the role
The AD Financial Reporting will manage the monthly consolidation, the preparation of (quarterly/annual) consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP to be furnished to the SEC (including preparation of the consolidation file, preparation of various footnotes) as well as the IFRS financial statements, answer auditor questions and manage time lines for the audit, maintain and document SOX evidence in accordance with PCAOB standards. In addition to reporting, he/she will also take a key role in ensuring the definition of SOX framework and management thereof during to ensure full compliance with the internal and external requirements. This is a global role and communication with the local teams and executive management across the Company is necessary. The AD Financial Reporting and Compliance role will also take on key responsibilities with the Director Financial Reporting, such as coordinating the various internal and external parties that provide input into the SEC reports under US GAAP/IFRS report, ensuring that the financials are appropriately prepared and reviewed and ready to be filed, leading meetings with key stakeholders (internal and external), ensuring that the monthly consolidation is delivered to key stakeholders timely, and ensuring that information needed is provided.
Place in the Organisation
uniQure is operating in an international setting, with operations in Amsterdam, the Boston-area, France and Switzerland. The company is listed on the NASDAQ and annually files forms 10K and quarterly forms 10Q in accordance with US GAAP as a domestic filer as well as annual Reports in accordance with IFRS to meet Dutch statutory requirements. This position will be based in Amsterdam and reports to the Director financial reporting. This position currently has no direct reports, however, the AD is expected to coach and guide the junior member(s) of the team as well as act as a second in command for the Global Financial Reporting team.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities)
- Manage the preparation of Form 10K and 10Q in accordance with US GAAP and also review certain areas of the Form;
- Manage the preparation of IFRS financial statements and review certain areas of the Form;
- Be key contact in providing draft financials to the auditors and other stakeholders and tracking responses;
- Manage with documenting and maintaining Company-wide SOX documentation
- Support the definition and oversight of the global SOX framework, challenge and review changes to such framework
- Manage auditor’s requests requests;
- Manage monthly consolidation procedure, including preparation and in some instances reviewing;
- Be key contact to provide the monthly consolidation file to internal stakeholders;
- Manage compliance work related to the consolidated numbers;
- Discuss financial reporting requests with other departments;
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting with providing US GAAP/IFRS accounting guidance and responding to local team questions on interpretation of different policies to ensure consistency globally;
- Lead meetings with local accounting teams and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Legal Officer
- VP Business Development
- VP Global Controller
- FP&A Director
- Country Finance Directors
Qualifications & Skills
- Academic background in accounting with relevant professional qualification (RA, CPA or equivalent);
- At least 8 years of experience in financial reporting and/or auditor role (Big 4 background preferred);
- Understanding of accounting standards, preferably those under US GAAP and IFRS;
- Committed to work within SoX / PCAOB environment;
- Understanding of financial reports;
- Excellent Office skills (including Excel);
- Experience with internal controls (SOX) and ability to document controls under PCAOB standards;
- Experience with Merrill Bridge or similar tools a plus
Does this sounds as your next step? Please apply now!
Salaris: €100,000 - €120,000 per annum + bonus, sharesLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 22 juni 2022uniQure (Bio-tech) is looking for a Finance Director. Do you like to work team based and bring the team and the organisation to the next level? I am looking for someone with an audit background and business experience who is fluent in English and has worked with external authorities in the Netherlands.