Manager Financial Accounting & Reporting
Salaris €85,000 - €100,000 per annum
Consultant Martijn Boet
Datum 4 september 2018 2018-09-042018-10-27 financial-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Our client is a global asset manager and offers a mix of investment solutions within a broad range of strategies to institutional and private investors worldwide. The company has a strong and expanding presence in the US, Europe and Asia and a developing presence in key emerging markets such as India and Latin America.
To strengthen the Accounting team we are looking for a strong and experienced Manager Financial Accounting.
The new Manager Financial Accounting directly reports to the Head of Business Control & Finance (BC & F) and will have full exposure towards a wide variety of (international) stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
You will manage a team of 5 fte accounting professionals in Rotterdam and will manage relations to various international accounting service providers & international accounting staff.
- You are responsible for monthly accounting and (sub)consolidation as well as annual statutory accounts for all entities in scope (mainly IFRS and Dutch GAAP).
- You are responsible for adequate monthly shareholder reporting (translation from IFRS to US GAAP executed by shareholder).
- You are responsible for cash & capital management for all entities including associated reporting to supervisory bodies (e.g. reporting to AFM/DNB; FINREP/COREP reporting).
- You will maintain accounting & reporting instructions and policies for all entities, including translation of (Orix) Group policies and new (IFRS) accounting standards.
- You will act as a point of contact to the shareholder & external auditors and you will act as a sparring partner to CFO, Head of Business Control & Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience preferably within financial industry/international corporate environment.
- In-depth knowledge/academic level education with regard to accounting standards (at least IFRS).
- A creative enthusiastic mindset and a can-do mentality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and coaching skills and a knowledge gaining & sharing attitude.
- Have a true global mindset; sensitive for cultural differences.
- Fluent written and spoken English; at least basic communication skills in Dutch.
Interested in this challenging role? Please upload your CV through our website. For additional information please contact Martijn Boet