Business Unit Controller
Salaris €65,000 - €75,000 per annum
Consultant Alexander Buis
Datum 28 augustus 2018 2018-08-282018-10-27 engineering Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
I am looking for a Business Unit Controller for a large engineering company near Rotterdam. A broad financial position, part of the local management team and in a dynamic business.
Business Unit Controller
The Business Units main focus is designing and producing reliable deck equipment and hydraulic systems for the dredging, offshore oil & gas and renewable markets. Reporting to the Division Controller, you will be a management team member, who will be required to consult with management and challenge decisions as required. The business unit has an annual revenue of approx. 50-60mln EUR, of which 25% is from external clients. At this point there is still a local administration, but in one year these activities will be transferred to the SSC. After that there will be no direct reports, but you will work closely with 2 project controllers and your contacts in the SSC.
Tasks and responsibilities
- monthly-, quarterly-, and yearly closing & reporting;
- assisting with the development of business plans, monitoring the execution of (strategic) plans (by management reporting) and providing assistance for any corrective measures;
- order processes and project controls;
- the timely reporting of relevant (project) management information and producing other periodic reports as required;
- providing scenario modelling analysis;
- developing reports and KPIs to support strategic decision making;
- providing advice on business proposals and supplying plans to management;
- challenging the management of the unit where appropriate;
- implementing initiatives to improve organisational effectiveness;
- preparing and advising on investment proposals/business cases.
- academic higher (WO) level of education in business administration or economics;
- at least five years’ experience as a business unit controller (or controller in a comparable environment);
- the ability to produce financial reports, data and analysis, as well as cost calculations and budgets;
- experience preparing forecasts, project and risk analysis, as well as financial/KPI reports through combining data from different business areas;
- a hands-on mentality and experience in a project and/or production environment;
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal;
- a strong understanding of business processes.
Are you interested in this position? Then apply directly on our website.