Manager Accounting & Reporting
Salaris €67,000 - €75,000 per year
Consultant Mirthe Schouten
Datum 21 september 2018 2018-09-212018-11-20 pharmaceuticals Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
How would you like to be challenged, contribute to a meaningful and worthy cause, and work in a vibrant environment? If so, perhaps this challenging role as Manager Accounting & Reporting is the next great step for you! For this role, it is important that you are CPA-qualified (or equivalent), and experienced with external audit and/or complex accounting & reporting issues. Interested? Read on…
This NASDAQ- listed biotech company (130+ FTE) with offices in Leiden, The Netherlands is focused on the development of game changing RNA based therapies for severe genetic diseases.
The Finance department is currently looking for a Manager Accounting & Reporting who is talented and highly motivated and who can strengthen our team. You will report to the VP Finance.
Your responsibilities as Manager Accounting & Reporting:
1. Lead and Manage a team of 3 FTE
2. Leading periodic reporting and closing
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate (M/Q/Y) closing activities;
- Prepare annual report;
- Manage communications with external auditors;
3. Technical accounting issues
- Provide IFRS interpretation and prepare technical memorandums;
- Prepare for US GAAP reporting;
4. Tax & Compliance
- Ensure and monitor tax compliance on VAT, Wage tax (Dutch and US), income tax and coordinate tax matters with our tax advisors;
- Take charge of, monitor and ensure SOx compliance;
- Work closely with our Director Internal Control; execute and document evidence of periodic (SOx) controls;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other equivalent - RA, CA, ACCA, etc.
- Experienced in Financial Accounting and/or Auditing
- At least 5 years of relevant experience; preferably at one of the Big 4 Accounting firms
- An excellent knowledge of IFRS, and preferably also US GAAP
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation in a fast-paced environment
- Leading a team of 3 people and able to influence, lead, and delegate
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellence Communication skills and adaptability
The organisation offers
You will be working in an exciting and innovative environment within a very committed organization, with great colleagues, a competitive salary and a lot of fun.
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you want to work in challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receive your application!