Senior Finance Manager
Salaris €5,787 - €6,945 per month + ASAP
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 1 oktober 2018 2018-10-012018-11-30 media Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Yes, Yes, Yes! For Fox Networks Group we are recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager role. In this role you will be managing a team of 5 people. Please scroll down for more info.
Fox Networks Group operates as an entertainment company. Fox Networks Group consists of Fox Television Group, Fox Cable Networks, Fox Sports Media Group, National Geographic Partners and Fox Networks Digital Consumer Group.
Fox Networks Group is world’s most diverse, creative, global media company. They have almost 60,000 people around the globe committed to informing with a purpose, entertaining with a passion, challenging with a mission and connecting the world.
In the Netherlands their HQ is located in Amsterdam, nearby Bijlmer ArenA. Their production office is located in Hilversum. In total, they have 150 FTE in the Netherlands. Their Amsterdam office reports to the HQ EMEA in London.
The Senior Finance Manager role has 3 direct reports (5 FTE in total) who do the (financial) control over several legal/managerial entities. The Senior Manager Finance at Fox Networks Group reports to the and also acts as a sparring partner of the VP Finance, who is also based at their HQ in Amsterdam.
The role has responsibility for the managing the financial reporting (financial statements, tax reporting, compliance), function in the Benelux and the monthly management reporting, budgeting and forecasting for a part of the business in the Benelux.
Main tasks & responsibilities
Accounting & Reporting:
- Initiate further streamlining of accounting & reporting processes.
- Manage efficient and high quality month end close process of FNG Netherlands part (24 Kitchen, FOX Belgium, National Geographic and Transfer.
- Manage work load in deliverables over the various direct reports and manage timely delivery to Headquarters.
- Be an active coach of direct reports.
- Prepare a number of more complicated requests (or in case of time constraints) personally, a.o. tax requests, financial statement support, income tax requests.
- Be key person in Benelux Finance team to support Sr. Manager Control Benelux and VP Finance in all compliance related matters such as review and quality of balance sheet recs, VAT filings, SOX support.
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Be responsible for the preparation together with direct reports for the budgeting & forecasting of the business units under FNG Netherlands.
- Actively support the Sr. Manager Control Benelux in prepare specific and ad hoc management reports, summaries and presentations.
- Manage team of direct reports.
- Mentor direct reports to improve their skills and depth of knowledge.
This role is a pivotal role within the company to ensure financial opportunities and threats are identified and acted upon accordingly. The successful execution of this role will allow the post holder to develop skills to progress to a role as Finance Director.
The ideal candidate for this role has operational working experience in accounting and financial control, experience with managing a (small) team and a strong drive and ambition to be successful within the Fox Networks Group. And…not afraid to “get his/her hands dirty”.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. ACA, CIMA or RA is a strong asset
- 8 years post qualification experience, some experience in the media industry is a pre.
- Experienced in managing an Accounting team.
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch and English skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Driven by achievement.
- Confident communicator.
- Publishing experience are an advantage but not essential.
- Manage a team through change.
- Matrix management.
What's in it for you?
Obviously: a great and challenging position within a dynamic, well-known Media company. Your future colleagues are fun to work with, ambitious and full of positive energy. Furthermore, Fox also has great lunch facilities and a modern, open office. And yes, ofcourse: Fox offers a good salary package with interesting secundairy benefits.
If you would like to know more about this role, please apply first so that we can take your candidacy into account. Do you know the perfect candidate? Please do not hesistate to send this vacancy forward.