Manager Financial Control
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 14 november 2018 2018-11-142019-01-06 trade-and-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam
How would it be to start as Manager Financial Control for a dynamic, industry leading sales and trading company, based in Amsterdam? It's a diverse & international environment, which reflects in the job as well. You are responsible for managing all financial control and accounting services, including managing a team. You help service several business centers and have active communication lines with internal stakeholders. Interested? Read on.
The Manager Financial Control will be part of the Finance & Operations team of this Sales & Trading company with an international product and client portfolio. This makes it a very diverse & international environment, which reflects in the job as well. The Manager Financial Control is responsible for managing financial control and accounting services towards timely, reliable and complete closing and reporting. The Manager Financial Control services several business centers (within several legal entities) and has active communication lines with internal stakeholders. The Manager Financial Control will manage direct and indirect approximately 8 FTE and is responsible for budget and authorization.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage the financial control and accounting resources, people (8 FTE) and systems;
- Plan the workload per employee and process;
- Ensure training and knowledge development of employee.
- Ensure and monitor proper accounting concepts within end-to-end processes;
- Manage analysis and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L;
- Manage balance sheet control (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation);
- Ensure maintenance of basic system data;
- Ensure maintenance of periods in financial system (open/close).
- Manage the month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines;
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial accounts for designated legal entities in accordance with applicable Accounting principles;
- Ensure compliance towards legal entity requirements;
- Ensure compliance towards applicable statutory regulations;
- Approval of reporting packs.
- Ensure and co-develop the Internal Control System and its related policies and procedures within financial control;
- Close monitor financial control processes and implement improvements.
- Contact person for external auditors;
- Ensure efficient and effective Audit process.
- Alignment with business stakeholders;
- Advisor/partner for local and group managers.
Education / experience
- Master degree in Accounting or related studies;
- At least 8 years experience and achieved success within financial control and accounting;
- Ability to manage people, activities and processes towards strict deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken);
- Experience working in a Dutch organisation;
- Knowledge of and experience with Dutch GAAP and IFRS;
- IT system experience (implementation and/ or improvement);
- Experience in the trading industry is a big plus.
- Leadership and “helicopter view”
- Result driven
Apply directly and / or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.