Salaris €5,015 - €6,019 per month
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 21 november 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 fmcg Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you have experience in Controlling and do you understand the challenges a large FMCG company faces? Would you love to work closely with the business and do you have a commercial mind-set? We are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager position at John West.
John West is a UK-based seafood marketing company established in 1857. Besides the UK, John West is also a brand leader in Holland and Ireland and trades in 38 markets throughout Europe, the Middle East, Northern Africa, North and South America. John West is currently owned by Thai Union Group, a stock listed company in Thailand. Thai Union Group is the world’s largest canned-tuna producer. They are well known as a producer of canned salmon and tuna, and also supply mackerel, sardine, herring, brisling, anchovies and shellfish.
John West is currently looking for an ambitious Finance Manager who is excellent in Controlling and is able to understand and stimulate their business. In this role you will report directly to the UK-based Finance Director of John West. You will be responsible for 1 FTE. The Finance Manager will be working at their HQ in Utrecht.
Main tasks & responsibilities
The Finance Manager:
- Performs forecasting and budgeting for all aspects of John West, including P&L’s and Balance Sheet and for the forecasting and budgeting of cash flows.
- Provides financial analysis and insight to the commercial team and influences the decision-making of the team, e.g. pricing of new and existing products, product promotions and defence of customer claims.
- Participates in marketing and sales meetings. Provides analysis, advice and clarification on performance by customer by product, product costs and on estimations of future performance by customer by product.
- Oversees scenario analysis for the creation of joint business plans with key customers.
- Ensures that John West meets regulatory and statutory reporting requirements and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of the reporting of historical information to key managers and directors in the management team and the Group.
- Manages that suppliers are paid on time with appropriate authorisations and that cash receivables are collected on time and within agreed terms.
- Assists the FD in tax planning and ensuring that John West pays the correct amount of tax in-line with local rules:
- Corporation Tax
- PAYE and National Insurance
- Customs Duties
- Transfer Pricing documentation
- Ensures that the appropriate financial control systems are in place and ensures they are correctly operated to support John West in the achievement of its goals.
- Manages relationship with Senior (external) Audit Manager during year-end audits.
- Acts as local contact for HR related topics: payroll, pension and insurance.
- At least a Master degree in Accounting, Controlling or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in the Netherlands, preferably in FMCG.
- Track Record in providing high quality financial reporting service.
- Ability to present and explain complex financial situations and solutions to non-financial colleagues and act as a strong sparring partner.
- Strong (international) stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and anticipate issues, trends and opportunities for improvement and present compelling recommendations for change.
- Proven leadership skills, a strong tolerance for ambiguity, detail-oriented with ability to function strategically and tactically under pressure.
- Fluent English required. Fluent in Dutch is a strong asset.
What does John West offer you?
- Working for a large well-known FMCG company.
- Gaining international working experience in Finance.
- (International) growing opportunities within the company.
- Working with intelligent, fun and ambitious colleagues.
- Beautiful office with an amazing view on Utrecht’s famous football stadium Stadion Galgenwaard.
- Easy to reach by public transport or car (parking space available).
- Excellent salary package.
Are you enthusiastic about the Finance Manager vacancy? Would you love to work for John West? Please apply via the button below before November 30. We are looking forward to meeting you.