Group Consolidation Team Lead
Consultant Alexandra Van der Lelij
Datum 22 maart 2019 2019-03-222019-05-14 manufacturing-and-production Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 5000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
How would it be to work as a Group Consolidation Team Lead for an international operating Offshore company, located in Amsterdam? It is a challenging and rewarding position wherein you will have lots of business impact and manage a small team. Interested? Read more:
You will work at one of the largest (stock listed) globally active offshore companies, based in Amsterdam - The Netherlands. You will have almost 5,000 colleagues spread over eight locations and nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. It's an international and dynamic organisation.
As a Group Consolidation Team Lead you are part of the Group Consolidation and Reporting department, based at the head office. This department is responsible for accurate and timely consolidated reporting for the group. They are leading the group financial consolidation process, using state of the art financial software tools. Both external financial statements under IFRS as well as consolidated management accounting are in the department scope.
In your role, you will manage two Consolidation Analysts and will be reporting to the Group Accounting & Consolidation Manager.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- You are responsible for preparing quarterly consolidated financial statements;
- you drive a quarterly consolidation process in order to deliver consolidated financial statements which are used for internal and external purposes;
- You provide support to the team in order to prepare consolidation entries related to P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow and intercompany eliminations;
- During year-end closing periods you liaise with external auditors;
- You develop, drive and maintain the consolidation process: you initiate and participate in projects improving and professionalizing the analyses, internal and external reporting as well as the consolidation function throughout the company with a wide span of control. You develop best practices and optimize the finance structure and efficiency;
- You ensure timely execution and quality of internal controls operations;
- You are responsible for following up and reviewing internal controls that are within the responsibility of Group Control;
- You contribute to the final reports for Management: you are responsible for preparation of management consolidated accounts for the group on a quarterly basis and provide input for the annual report and investor related presentations;
- You liaise with various internal stakeholders on a daily basis: you have extensive interaction with senior management, operating units finance teams, Central Treasury and other corporate departments such as Investor Relations and Strategy;
- You act as a sparring partner: you are the consolidation expert and act as the first point of contact for all local finance teams concerning data in the consolidation system.
Master degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 6+ years of relevant international working experience in reporting and consolidation;
- Expert level knowledge of IFRS;
- Experience with managing others;
- A proven track record in developing, implementing and maintaining processes in a consolidation/reporting role;
- Fluency in English, Dutch is preferred.
Interested? Please apply directly or contact Alexandra van der Lelij for more information.