Manager Group Accounting
Salaris €65,000 - €75,000 per year
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 4 november 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 financial-services Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you an ambitious Accountant? Do you want to work for an international leading organisation? Do you have supervising or managing experience? Then keep reading.
For a leading global provider of compliance and administrative services. I am searching for Financial Controller. With 127 offices in 80 jurisdictions, our client is uniquely positioned to support its clients both locally and globally. In an increasingly complex regulatory environment, the organisation serves its multinational corporate, investment fund and sovereign wealth fund clients as they invest, operate and grow internationally.
The Manager Group Accounting is part of the Accounting and Consolidation team. The Group Accounting team is responsible for the bookkeeping of 25 entities including holding and operating entities, monthly reporting of the Group Reporting Pack, preparing and reconciling third party and Intercompany receivables and payables and Loan accounting all based on IFRS. You will be responsible for managing the team of General Ledger accounting (IT capex, payroll accounting, etc) – 7 FTE, the Processing Unit (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Expenses and Banks) - 7 FTE and Master data management – 2 FTE. In cooperation with the financial controller you will drive reporting improvements and implement IFRS accounting. Further, internal local finance and local CFO are your stakeholders so you focus on delivering timely and quality service, continuously improving efficiency of operations within Group Finance. You will report directly to the Director Accounting and Consolidation and indirect to the Group CFO.
Key responsibilities of the department
- Monthly Group Reporting to the Financial control team;
- Support local offices reporting to the Group – mainly intercompany receivables and payables;
- Coordinate the external audit for the holding entities;
- Implement and monitoring financial controls;
- Improve monthly, quarterly and yearly close procedure regarding duration and quality of the figures;
- Improve quality and timely reporting;
- Improve of internal efficiencies – make it simple and reduce complexity;
- Specific analysis and reporting on for example cost reports, ageing of debtors and KPI reporting.
- Relevant Academic background;
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS) and processes;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant working experience (an international company);
- Strong analytical and strong organizational skills;
- Proactive mindset, in which you take responsibility and get things done;
- Develops plans which deliver the objectives set for the team;
- Stable individual who copes well with organizational change and maintains a positive contribution under stress and pressure;
- Eye for the team and focus on development of team members.
- Excellent working conditions: good work- life balance, salary indication above market level
- International environment: you will work within an international team and work together with local offices from all over the world
- Professional organization: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge,
- Learning opportunities: Due to the size there are several opportunities to work on diverse and complex issues. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
Are you interested in the role of Manager Group Accounting? Then apply as soon as possible.