Salaris €65,000 - €75,000 per year
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 4 december 20192019-12-04 2020-02-02 oil-and-gas Pernis Zuid-Holland NL EUR 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For the MaasStroom plant at Vondelingenplaat, Rotterdam, I am looking for a plant controller. You will play a key role in controlling the plant together with plant, project and asset management.
Castleton Commodities International is hiring a Plant Controller to join the MaasStroom team in Rotterdam. Due to organizational structure, this person will have a dual responsibility for CCI and its shared cost partner. This role will report directly to the European Assets Controller, with a dotted line into the plant manager. The team environment is fast moving with a proactive culture which will encourage the successful candidate to use their initiative and actively contribute to success in an always changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career in the power sector and will become exposed to the workings of a power generation business.
Rijnmond Operations BV is a CCI-company which operates and maintains the MaasStroom and Rijnmond power plants at Vondelingenplaat, Rotterdam. These power plants generate 1250MW of electricity and consist of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, heat recovery steam generators, electrical switchgear, a water treatment plant and supportive systems.
The role will be responsible for all on site control activities for example reconciliations, analysis, budgeting forecasts, as well as various ad-hoc requests.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Key contact for plant around all finance related matters – government surveys, correspondence with buyers/suppliers and senior management;
- Preparation of plant month end analytics report – monitoring performance of plant vs budget, identify aged job orders, receivables etc.;
- Ownership of various balance sheet and income statement accounts, and ownership of various closing procedures and processes;
- Inventory Control – maintain plant stock reports and ensure frequently reconciled to warehouse stock;
- Projects & Ad-hoc: Active involvement in procurement process review and streamlining, specifically the reduction of manual processes, increasing straight through process control and reducing operational risk;
- Analytical review of financial and management accounting information and presentation of analysis and commentaries;
- Working with broader asset controller team to close month end, quarter end, and year-end books;
- Day to day activities include: posting month-end journal entries, clearing open items, preparation of account analysis and reconciliations;
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and management to help provide information and make decisions;
- Interpreting and communicating financial information to non-finance users;
- Various systems and financial projects;
- Audit support and other adhoc items;
- You should be willing to be hands-on, for example monitoring journal entry capture and invoicing processes.
- Masters in Finance;
- Commercial acumen and good eye for detail, with strong academic background;
- Good communication and team player skills;
- Self-starter, with the ability to work collaboratively, but also as an independent contributor;
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment;
- Vondelingenplaat – Rotterdam
Intersted in this position? Apply now!