Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 8 december 2022zuid-holland accountancy-finance/finance-manager 2022-12-08 2023-02-06 accountancy Zwijndrecht Zuid-Holland NL 3336LG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Aqualiner, the company behind ‘De Waterbus’, owned by Swets, Purus and Damen, is looking for a finance manager. The company is aiming for growth and has a dynamic strategy. The main goal of this role is to develop the key financial goals in line with the set objectives by the Board and CEO. In line with these goals the Finance Manager supports the General Manager in formulating policies, setting KPI’s, allocates budgets and resources.
Your potential employer
The company transports over 1.5 million passengers per year by fast ferries on inland water ways within the BeNeLux, in a safe and sustainable way. All central functions operate from their main office in Zwijndrecht, where also the office for their Dutch based operation is located. Their Belgium operational office is located in Antwerp [BE].
In the Netherlands they sail their vessels between Rotterdam and the Drechtsteden area. In Belgium they sail their vessels in the Antwerp area. Together with in total 180 colleagues they make sure that their customers are transported in a safe way on a daily basis.
- Part of management team and reporting to General Manager;
- Indirect reports: outsourced finance / HR / IT teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Overseeing daily finance operations with a strong focus on cost control, developing and implementing effective business strategies, governance and programs.
The Finance Manager develops the key financial goals in line with the set objectives by the Board and CEO. In line with these goals the Finance Manager supports the General Manager in formulating policies, setting KPI’s, allocates budgets and resources.
The Financial Manager monitors and analyses the data and information on above said. This includes, but is not limited to operational costs, fleet performance, quality of service, staff. When the data indicates deviations (positive or negative) the Finance Manager and General Manager reports to the Board and other parties in a timely manner and will act upon this data by adjusting plans accordingly.
The entrepreneurial spirit and vision - the finance function will be directed towards maintaining relationships with stakeholders, optimal organisational productivity, quality of service, sustainability and achieving overall business goals.
- Audit and tax compliance;
- Completion of annual audits;
- Develop and implement effective risk management;
- Clear set budgets and goals / KPI’s;
- Support the business in revenue growth;
- Improved operations and financial performance;
- Monthly and quarterly reports and as required by the Board and other stakeholders.
The Finance Manager is primarily based at Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands, with irregular traveling (for shorter periods of time) to suppliers, clients and or operational centres.
Compliance with Dutch accounting standards, tax legislation and payroll legislation.
Your experience and knowledge
- Degree in business management or relevant to the industry;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Second or third career step: 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing a finance function, preferable in passenger service operations (rail / bus / ferry / tram);
- Previous experience in the BeNeLux is preferred, knowledge on NL and BE requirements for administration and payrolling activities;
- Experience in managing the annual audit process;
- Experience in stakeholder management / dealing with Regional Governments / subsidies / tenders;
- Experience in change management;
- Familiarity with process improvement principles
Your competencies and unique talents
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Analytical skills;
- Strategic skills;
- Decisive and clear direction;
- Highly organised and delegation skills;
- Entrepreneurial skills;
- Able to work both on strategic subjects and operational matters;
- Building in-house teams and maintaining outsourced functions
We offer you
- Premium free pension (middelloonregeling);
- Social security insurance premium free;
- 25 leave days;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Car, laptop, telephone.
Interested? Please apply via Robert Walters!
Salaris: €70,000 - €90,000 per jaar + autoLocatie: WaddinxveenDatum online: 24 januari 2023For our client Fresh Solutions, part of the Greenyard Group we are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic (senior) Business Controller. Do you enjoy a fast faced dynamic environment with complex stakeholders?Please read further.
Salaris: €70,000 - €85,000 per yearLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 12 januari 2023Voor onze opdrachtgever Batenburg in het hart van de smart industry zijn we aan het werven voor een Group Controller. Interesse? Lees dan snel verder!
Salaris: €70,000 - €80,000 per jaarLocatie: Den HaagDatum online: 9 januari 2023Ben jij een (startende) business controller op zoek naar een uitdagende en diverse functie? Pak dan snel je kans! Parnassia Groep zoekt namelijk voor het team Groepscontrol in Den Haag een business controller. Lees snel verder.
Salaris: €75,000 - €80,000 per yearLocatie: DirkslandDatum online: 2 januari 2023Heb jij ambitie om business control op moderne en duurzame wijze vorm te geven? Droom jij van uitdagende en afwisselende functie binnen een organisatie in de zorg die in beweging is? Dan zijn we op zoek naar jou!
Salaris: €70,000 - €80,000 per jaar + Car, €200 health insuranceLocatie: DelftDatum online: 1 januari 2023Are you looking to join the Global Leader in production and sales of Consumer Electronics? Do you like to work in a dynamic, challenging, and international work environment? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our best-in-class team as: Finance Manager. Do you have experience in audit and looking for the next step? Or do you have worked in a similar position? Please read further!