Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 11 februari 2019 2019-02-112019-03-29 telecommunications Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 5000 6500 6500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
How would it be to start as the new FP&A Manager at his international Mobile Telecommunications company in Amsterdam? It's a challenging, commercial FP&A position where you are a true business partner for many stakeholders; including Upper Management and Sales Directors. It's a strategic and highly impactful role, therefore significant FP&A experience is required. Interested? Read on:
The organisation was founded almost 20 years ago and is one of Europe's fastest growing mobile companies employing over 62 nationalities worldwide in six countries. They are active in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
This is a critical role in the delivery value creation plan, the FP&A Manager should be one of the key people that the whole business turns to in providing the insight and analysis into the drivers of the business. The FP&A Manager will fundamentally support the country to deliver the insight and company performance.
The FP&A Manager is an active role – it requires the individual to proactively drive performance of the business from the insight their analysis provides. Key to this will be forging a successful collaborative working relationship with the Business Intelligence. It will also require the FP&A Manager to coordinate the successful delivery and tracking of the benefits of projects.
To succeed it requires a detailed understanding of the business and success will be achieved through developing a reporting suite and tracking performance on a daily basis. Undertaking regular and ad hoc analysis into performance to understand the opportunities and systemize reporting as understanding develops. This knowledge of the business financials leads them into supporting the Forecasting and Budgeting processes and integral in supporting specific analysis for Business Review, COO and CEO.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Become one of the people the business turns to for understanding of the business, its drivers and their movements.
- Identification of the key performance indicators that need to be tracked on daily, weekly and monthly basis to deliver required insight for the Management Team;
- Own for the country, the monthly reports to Group FP&A, with detailed tracking of the KPIs at an ethnicity & channel level;
- Support sales team with thorough reporting of monthly performance by customer;
- Review the daily performance of the business drivers and provide necessary insight to senior management;
- Data anomalies to be resolved to ensure ‘one version of the truth’.
Modeling, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Maintain the country budget model & seek ways to improve & streamline the modeling process;
- Own the weekly & monthly P&L forecasts for the country;
- Engage the wider business in the budget process to ensure necessary inputs are incorporated into the budget on a timely basis.
Providing insight from analysis across the whole P&L
- From reporting, undertake analysis to understand the business drivers (from revenue to operating profit);
- Perform ad hoc deep dives to identify root causes on movements in business performance;
- Work with sales, marketing and key operational stakeholders to gain greater insight into what is driving the business;
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency across the business.
- Drive the operational business to use the reporting and analysis in running the business;
- Become key participant in the decision-making process;
- Focus on delivery - instigate a “Measure – Plan – Act – Measure” approach;
- Manage the end to end delivery of certain performance improvements;
- Continue to educate the business in the benefit of analytical decision making.
- A University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related.
- A recognised accountancy qualification (RA/RC/CPA/CA/ACCA), with significant post-qualification experience as a qualified accountant in a commercial environment.
- IT skills – advanced Excel ability is essential
- Experience in Qlikview or other MIS reporting tools would be beneficial
- Highly data driven individual who is comfortable to manipulate large amounts of data.
- High level of accuracy, methodical approach with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify areas for opportunity
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to role and requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skill
- Strong command of English in word and speech
- Strong presentation skills and verbal expression
- Presenting plans and budgets to shareholders/board with Country Manager
Apply below right away or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.