Group Business Controller
Salaris €70,000 - €80,000 per year + 20% bonus
Locatie Alphen aan den RijnFULL_TIME
Consultant Stefan Mol
Datum 21 februari 2019 2019-02-212019-04-22 media Alphen aan den Rijn South Holland Zuidpoolsingel 2 NL 2408 ZE EUR 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Wolters Kluwer https://www.wolterskluwer.nl/
Have you gained experience in a large, international organization, preferably in the technology/IT sector? Do you want to support the Executive Board and Senior Management in their decision-making process? Would you like to work for one of the best Dutch employers? Please read on.
Wolters Kluwer is operating in an ever changing business environment. The company's business lays in global information services. Wolters Kluwer serves legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare markets. It operates in over 150 countries.
We are looking for a Group Business Controller to join the Business Analysis & Control (BAC) team within the Wolters Kluwer Corporate finance department. As the Group Business Controller you be supporting the Executive Board and Senior Management in their decision-making process by providing relevant and timely financial and non-financial information. You will be responsible for group management reports (monthly, quarterly and annually), as well as ad-hoc analysis, modelling and various other projects. In this role you will report to the Manager Business Analysis & Control.
The BAC team is uniquely positioned at Wolters Kluwer, working with all Divisions and operating companies globally, Corporate functions such as Accounting, Investor Relations, M&A, Treasury and Tax, and close to the Executive Board of a listed company.
The BAC department plays a key role in analysing the performance of the Wolters Kluwer businesses in close co-operation with the CFO’s of our Divisions and the financial directors of our many operating companies. In addition to the corporate-wide control, reporting and budgeting function, the department is sharpening its focus on the analysis of trends in the performance of the company as well as internal and external benchmarking. This analysis will also be tailored to the company’s financial market communication.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Analysis of division/ business unit management information and regular reporting on company/division/business unit performance;
- Ad-hoc financial modeling, forecasting and business analysis.
- Contributing to the further improvement of management information flows and processes to support control
- Identify financial business risks and opportunities, as well as opportunities for process optimization
- Define KPI’s to improve performance tracking
- Financial analysis of longer term business plans
- Interaction with various corporate groups (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Consolidation, Investor Relations, M&A etc.) to ensure accuracy and relevancy of consolidated results and related analysis
- Control and analysis of specific items such as cash flow, personnel cost/FTE, primary/functional cost, post-acquisition,
- Flash audits, focused on risk assessment and control of projects
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in FP&A or Business Control. Good knowledge of and some experience in Accounting is desirable
- Experience in workinging in a fast-paced and high demanding environment, and adherence to pending deadlines
- Experience to liase with differen international operations within an organization
- Extensive experience with Excel and financial systems, (preferably Hyperion)
- Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written
You are adaptive to cope with changes and demanding businesses within a complex, deadline-driven and fast-paced environment. You have strong problem solving and analytical skills and are able to handle vast quantities of data. Strategic thinking comes naturally to you and you are able to have a proven balance of attention to detail and accuracy coupled with broad-based long range planning experience. Being a pro-active team player is something you enjoy.
What's in it for you?
- Working for a growing listed corporate with many interesting challenges
- Exploring a great function on corporate level where all the key decisions are made
- Part of a great, fun and dynamic team with highly educated, ambitious people
- Many (!) growing opportunities, where your personal development is taken care of
- Beautiful, modern headquarter in Alphen aan den Rijn with great facilities
- Excellent salary package with an exceptional bonus
Interested? Don't wait any longer with applying for this great Group Business Controller vacancy.
*Please note that you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands.