Commercial Finance Manager
Salaris €60,000 - €75,000 per annum
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 26 juli 2022noord-holland accountancy-finance/financial-planning-analysis 2022-07-26 2022-09-24 media Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 60000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excerpta Medica (Amsterdam) is looking for a Commercial Finance Manager. Do you have experience with FP&A and do you like the commercial/client facing side of finance? Read on if interested!
Excerpta Medica is a fast-growing medical communications agency; we are part of the Adelphi Group and seamlessly connected to the full Adelphi offerings of real-world evidence, market access, and research.
At Excerpta Medica we develop scientific content to spark debate, educate, and stimulate dialogue for our global pharmaceutical and biotech customers. Our international team offers advice and support in medical strategy and publication planning and is specialized in creating innovative medical education and communications programmes.
We combine scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful. We have a strong commitment to our clients, and we work in close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence.
About the role
- The Finance Manager will provide financial planning and reporting for the company to the Finance Director and Management Team. Together with the Project Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting and commercial performance of projects. The core of the role is to understand the financial performance of the business and to provide transparency over the future expectations.
- You should be able to share insights and communicate ideas for improvement. Further that the projects are effectively controlled and the commercial performance is managed.
- You will partner with Managing Directors on performance analysis and support business development with pricing tools.
- You will form strong relationships with the Shared Service Centre on project and cost accounting. As a member of the Finance and Administration team, you will be active in promoting process improvement, system development and training staff. The Project Controller and Finance Analyst will report to you.
- You will be responsible for the monthly Management Reporting on revenues and costs together with the subsequent rolling forecast.
- You will develop the annual budget and provide analytical support for different budget scenarios. Analysis of supplier spend, payroll and overheads will be your responsibility.
- Decisions on client pricing and review of client profitability will be based on the reports and insights that you develop and maintain. You will deputise for the Project Controller when required and have a complete understanding of project accounting process, the WIP accounting and valuation, including monitoring of unbilled WIP/ client advances and project recovery.
- Other ad hoc projects could include audit support, participation in the ERP system implementation and review of supplier or client contracts.
What we offer
- Membership of a team that is committed to high-quality work, values teamwork, and
focuses on continuing to develop and improve skills
- Many opportunities for learning and career development, as we expect you to grow fast
- Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you
to successfully balance work and personal life
- A shared passion for results: we work hard and celebrate our successes in style
- Office locations close to the centre of the vibrant cities of Amsterdam and London, and a
hub of colleagues on the east coast of the USA
- An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and
multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly
bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
- EM Academy for ongoing professional training and development
Requirements, skills, and qualifications for this role
- Bachelors or Masters degree (CMA preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to build relationships with senior colleagues in other departments and work in a
- Strategic thinking level to see the impact of numbers on agency objectives
- Solution orientated
- Good understanding of the company’s services
- Ability to direct the work of others, to coach and train new staff
- Focus on simplification and continuous improvement of processes
- Experience of a corporate accounting system
- Flexible and comfortable working with deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English
Are you ready for your next step and would you like to work on the commercial side of finance?
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: HilversumDatum online: 3 augustus 2022Would you like to travel (40%) and to set up the internal audit framework, processes and controls for one of the greatest music producers in the world? Universal Music Group is looking for a Sr Internal Audit expert to set this up in the Europe region. Interested? Read on!
Salaris: €65,000 - €80,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 7 juli 2022Voor een FD Mediagroep in Amsterdam zoeken wij een ambitieuze Financial Controller ter versterking van het Control team. Het is een brede rol en je staat veel in contact met diverse stakeholders. Dit maakt het tot een afwisselende en uitdagende functie. Interesse? Lees snel verder!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: DiemenDatum online: 1 augustus 2022Wil jij je verder ontwikkelen als Finance professional binnen hét toonaangevende HR-bedrijf in Nederland? De Finance discipline speelt binnen de Randstad Groep een centrale rol in het beoordelen van historische performance, maar vooral ook in het navigeren naar toekomstig succes
Salaris: €70,000 - €75,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 27 juli 2022Voor een van de Big 4 kantoren in Amsterdam zoeken wij een Business Controller. Iemand die zelfstandig te werk kan gaan, goed is in stakeholdermanagement en al meerdere jaren ervaring heeft in Business Control zal hier goed kunnen gedijen. Je krijgt er een toonaangevende werkgever en een goed salarispakket voor terug. Interessant? Lees dan verder.
Salaris: €70,000 - €75,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 26 juli 2022For a renowned international logistics organisation we're looking for a Senior Accountant to contribute to efficient and effective finance processes.