Cost Controller (international opportunity)
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 20 april 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
How would you like to a Once-in-a-Lifetime opportunity to work as a Cost Controller for a successful international manufacturing company, while living on the beautiful and vibrant North-Western coast of Spain (Bilbao)? If that sounds good, read on!
This Cost Controlling role is within a Dutch manufacturing company, on location at a production site in Bilbao, Spain. They are a market leading company that produces metal and aluminum products for a wide range of industries including FMCG, Automotive, Construction, and Beauty amongst others.
You will work closely together with the Finance Department and Dutch Management Team (also located in Bilbao) on various strategic projects over the coming years.
It’s a steady role where you are close to the business, and work together intensively with stakeholders on all levels while making crucial impacts on the production, efficiency and continued growth of this exciting organisation.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Working within a standardized costing environment
- Working directly with operations personnel (on the manufacturing floor) to help implement and improve standard cost accounting procedures related to:
- Reporting accuracy and analysis (including trouble shooting)
- Developing corrective actions to improve transactions and process accuracy
- Inventory and Shop Floor Transactions, Reporting and Analysis procedures (both operational and system transaction processing procedures).
- Cycle count procedures
- Production yield
- Productivity and Manufacturing variance reporting and analysis procedures (system and operational)
- And more…
- Driving change in a Shop Floor and General Ledger Environment
- Helping Operations personnel understand the connections from Operational activity to system transactions to General Ledger to Financial Statement Results
- Lead Month End Closing, including GL cost accounting in a standard cost environment and GL and Financial Statement Reconciliation procedures
- Developing and implementing control and monitoring procedures (System and operational) related shop order reporting and inventory control
- Supporting the Cost Controlling and Finance process from a quantitative and business perspective
Required Hard Skills / Experience
- Bachelor or Masters (HBO / WO)
- 5+ years of (Cost / Plant / Manufacturing / Site / Factory) Controlling experience in a production / manufacturing environment
- Relevant experience in working with SAP
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written
- Language skills in Dutch and Spanish are nice to have, but not a must
Required Soft skills
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders on all levels
- Driven and motivated
- Self starter
- **Willing and able to relocate to North-Western Spain (Bilbao)**
This role offers:
- A great salary package
- An expat arrangement (to be discussed)
- An interesting, dynamic and challenging role – while working together closely with the Upper Management
- Excellent long term career opportunities
- A highly desirable lifestyle on the Spanish coast
Interested or Curious to know more?
Apply directly through Robert Walters, or contact Joram Falkenburg email@example.com / 0627331791