Financial Compliance Analyst
Salaris €45,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 27 september 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
A major Oil & Gas company in The Hague Area is looking for a financial compliance analyst. Your job is to design, develop and deliver reports and dashboards, and to design and implement an Internal Control framework.
The company produces 89,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day and holds exploration and production interests in Oman, the Netherlands, Egypt, UK, Denmark, Germany and Somaliland. This company has been active in the Netherlands since the mid-1960, has been operating oil and natural gas production since 1982.
Currently oil and natural gas is produced from 6 offshore production assets, comprising mature oil fields and the A/B-blocks shallow gas development, while 3 depleted fields have been shut in and are being prepared for decommissioning. Petrogas E&P Netherlands B.V. also owns and operates the P9/Q1 oil transmission systems and various interfield gas transmission infrastructure.
The role supports the Team Leader Financial Reporting & Tax (FR&T), being a team within the Accounting & Finance department.
The FR&T team is responsible for the consolidated group financial reporting (IFRS), local statutory financial reporting, tax affairs, other financial compliance reports, financial internal control & governance and financial compliance audits.
The financial compliance analyst will be involved in the preparation and advise on the abovementioned reports and other FR&T activities. You will also be the member of the team who develops, advises, maintains and documents the internal control framework from a financial reporting - and financial compliance risk perspective. This includes governance and maintaining the Business Excellence Management System (BEMS) databases of policies, procedures, processes and guidelines/templates of the dedicated Accounting and Finance area.
Key job responsibilities
- Prepares financial compliance documents, like (financial) reports, tax documents or other documents in relation to the financial reporting and tax framework;
- Advises and supports the Team Lead and other FR&T staff on other financial reporting and tax topics, regarding calculations but also the design of procedures in this area;
- Maintains, develops/improves and documents the internal control framework from a financial reporting - and financial compliance risk perspective (BEMS);
- Maintains the BEMS database of policies, procedures, processes and guidelines/templates of the dedicated Accounting and Finance area. This includes the coordination of the ISO Audits (eg. ISO 9001) for the financial area;
- Conducts compliance and governance processes (eg. the annual compliance review, but also for Fraud Prevention and financial Delegation of Authority).
- Minimum Bachelor in Economics (Finance);
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the reporting, tax and/or internal control area, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Knowledge and experience of reporting and tax standards (eg. IFRS);
- Knowledge and experience of internal control frameworks (eg. COSO and ISO);
- Big Four experience is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Systems: experience with MS Office and SharePoint, advanced excel skills are preferred;
- Flexible approach in order to meet deadlines;
- Able to set priorities;
- Accurate way of working;
- Independent and Pro-active;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Good communicator.
The company offers
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Work in an organization and team with short lines of communication, where you can make a difference from day one;
- Workweek of 32 - 40 hours
Interested? Apply online!