Financial Analyst / Internal Control
Salaris €45,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 22 november 2018 2018-11-222019-01-21 oil-and-gas Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A major Oil & Gas company in The Hague Area is looking for a financial analyst in its exciting path for further expansion of its North sea oil & gas portfolio!
The company produces 89,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day and holds exploration and production interests in Oman, the Netherlands, Egypt, UK, Denmark, Germany and Somaliland. This company has been active in the Netherlands since the mid-1960, has been operating oil and natural gas production since 1982.
The Financial Analyst / Internal Control Analyst is part of the Financial Reporting & Tax (FR&T) team, within the Accounting & Finance department. The FR&T team is responsible for the consolidated group financial reporting (IFRS), local statutory financial reporting, tax affairs, other financial compliance reports, financial internal control & governance and financial compliance audits.
In this role you will be involved in the preparation and advise on financial reporting and compliance activities. You will also be the team member who develops, advises, maintains and documents the internal control framework from a financial reporting and financial compliance risk perspective. This includes governance and maintaining the Business Excellence Management System (BEMS) databases of policies, procedures, processes and guidelines/templates of the dedicated Accounting and Finance area.
To be successful in this role you need to be proactive, independent, flexible in order to meet deadlines and able to set priorities. You will be a sparring partner for the management team based on your internal control expertise. For this position you also need to be accurate, analytical and have good communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you:
- Prepare financial compliance documents, like (financial) reports, tax documents or other documents in relation to the financial reporting and tax framework;
- Advise and support the Team Lead and other FR&T staff on other financial reporting and tax topics, regarding calculations but also the design of procedures in this area;
- Maintain, develop/improve and document the internal control framework from a financial reporting and financial compliance risk perspective (BEMS);
- Maintain the BEMS database of policies, procedures, processes and guidelines/templates of the dedicated Accounting and Finance area. This includes the coordination of the ISO Audits (e.g. ISO 9001) for the financial area;
- Conduct compliance and governance processes (e.g. the annual compliance review, but also for Fraud Prevention and financial Delegation of Authority).
- Minimum Bachelor in Economics (Finance);
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the reporting, tax and/or internal control area, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Knowledge and experience of reporting and tax standards (eg. IFRS);
- Knowledge and experience of internal control frameworks (eg. COSO and ISO);
- Big Four experience is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Systems: experience with MS Office and SharePoint, advanced excel skills are preferred;
- Flexible approach in order to meet deadlines;
- Able to set priorities;
- Accurate way of working;
- Independent and Pro-active;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Good communicator.
The company offers
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Work in an organization and team with short lines of communication, where you can make a difference from day one;
- Workweek of 32 - 40 hours
Interested? Apply online!