Financial Accountant (Financial Controller)
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 18 april 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 oil-and-gas Amsterdam North Holland NL 1077XV EUR 3500 4500 4500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
What would it be like to work as the new Financial Accountant (Financial Controller) for an industry leading Renewable Energy and Solar company, in Amsterdam? It's a broad Financial Accounting position (multiple entities at HQ/Group Level), but also some Reporting, Tax and Financial Control elements. Interested? Read on:
About the Company
You will be working for a globally operating, industry leader in supplying Renewable Solar Energy to consumers at local levels; active in Europe, and focussed on emerging markets like Africa, South America and Asia. Headquarters are in Oslo, Norway.
You will be focussed on accounting, reporting and tax processes, and provide support to the asset management activities. The position ensures compliance in all aspects of internal and external accounting and financial reporting for the portfolio of Scatec Solar companies in the Netherlands. Reports to Senior Finance Manager.
Main tasks & responsibilities
Monthly Financial and Management Reports
- Oversees the general accounting function, maintain accounting records including data entry of complete and accurate data for day to day business transactions.
- Prepare accounting documents and monthly schedules.
- Prepare invoices, handle the incoming invoices, prepare reconciliations, initiate fundings and payments.
- Prepare the monthly group reporting to the head office in Oslo.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for external reporting (e.g. monthly/quarterly management reports to the BoD as well as statutory annual financial statements).
- Monitor monthly actual results against the budget and prepare an overall review and analysis of the variances.
- Perform other accounting / finance related and office duties or tasks as assigned from time to time.
Internal and External Audits
- Provide assistance to the (external) auditors and handle matters raised by the auditors.
- Assist in the planning, coordinating and monitoring of the statutory audits.
Annual Budget and Forecasts
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting in accordance with operating plans and Group policies.
Internal Control over Financial Reporting
- Design, implement and maintain the company’s ICFR based on group guidelines.
- Responsible for tax compliance.
- Manage all statutory tax reporting and tax filings (VAT, CIT).
- Contribute to ensure tax optimization.
Assist the Dutch legal counsel in various legal undertakings, such as drafting board meeting minutes, resolutions, review contracts, interact with our external legal counsel with respect to legalizations and various related undertakings.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience within the areas of finance, accounting, auditing, tax and internal controls.
- Preferred experience from the trust / financial services industry.
- Preferred international experience.
- Expertise in IFRS and local GAAP accounting, and internal controls.
- General Tax knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active and outgoing mentality (doesn’t let things happen or slide).
- Dedicated and someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and responsibilities, flexible, adaptable and solution-oriented.
- Organized and methodical, a hands-on “doer” with attention to detail, able to handle complicated models and contracts.
- High level of integrity, self-reliant and loyalty to the company, the team and the project.
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work.
- Social and intercultural competence, able to coordinate and communicate with external parties and to manage work of others.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Interested? Please apply directly or contact Joram Falkenburg for more information.