Senior GL Accountant and Consolidation Specialist
Salaris €65,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Stefan Mol
Datum 1 oktober 20192019-10-01 2019-11-30 hospitality-and-catering Amsterdam North Holland Danzigerkade 213 B NL 1013 AP EUR 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Cycas Hospitality https://cycashospitality.com/
Do you want to play a key role in the further development of an accounting department? Are an senior accountnat with proven experience in consolidation? Do you want to work for rapidly growing hospitality company? Please read on!
Your potential employer
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company that prides themselves on making a difference by being
different. They manage hotels for third party owners and have owned / leased hotels. Their newly opened Cycas Hospitality Headquarter is based in Amsterdam, next to our newly opened hotels Moxy and
Residence Inn Houthavens.
They combine hands on expertise in hospitality, with in-depth knowledge of real estate. From the initial concept of a new hotel, to guests checking out with a smile on their face, Cycas Hospitality have the experience, expertise and talent to get things right.
Your potential job
During 2018 we have implemented a new accounting system (Navision Dynamics) and in-sourced
part of the accounting activities (mainly Dutch entities). The accounting work for the hotels and some
French legal entities is currently still outsourced with third party service providers in the UK and
Due to this important change, Cycas Hospitality is looking for a highly motivated Senior GL
Accountant and consolidation specialist (4-6 years of experience) who is interested to play a key role
in the start-up and further development of an accounting department at the company headquarters
office in Amsterdam. This position is a great opportunity for a talented individual who has the desire
to join a fast-growing company in an international environment. Main responsibility will be end-to-end
bookkeeping of a number of legal entities, monthly consolidation and coordinating the compliance deliverables with the local service providers. The Senior GL Accountant will report to the senior financial controller.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of the organisation, the tasks and duties of
this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on
additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Your Task & Responsibilities
Responsible for the end-to-end GL accounting activities and the entire month-end, quarter-end
and year-end accounting close process for a group of in-sourced legal entities.
Monthly consolidation of the full group entities.
Monthly Balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis.
Completion of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
Coordinate the compliance deliverables with the local service providers (i.e. VAT, CIT, Payroll
etc.), review output and safeguard submission deadlines.
- Supervise the preparation and filing of the annual consolidated financial statements.
- Intercompany billing, Intercompany charges and Intercompany reconciliations.
- Re-charge of expenses from service organisation to hotels, including billing.
- Drive and coordinate the further in-sourcing of the accounting services as currently rendered by
third party local service providers.
Who are you?
- Proven working experience as a Senior GL Accountant.
- Proven experience in consolidation.
- Qualified accountant, bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting.
- Dutch GAAP and IFRS knowledgeable
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Familiar with a multi-currency environment.
- Well versed with MS Office applications (excel).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with MS Dynamics Navision (ERP software) is considered to be a plus.
- Hotel industry experience is considered to be a plus, however not a prerequisite.