Senior Accounting Specialist
Salaris €55,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 4 oktober 20192019-10-04 2019-12-03 pharmaceuticals Haarlem North Holland NL EUR 55000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Looking for a complex accounting challenge? Read on. MSD is working to help the world making a better place. With their medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, they are active in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
This position is part of the COSI (Cost of Sales and Inventory) matrix organisation, which will perform end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in the Headquarters.
- Responsible to maintain and create product cost according US GAAP rules
- Control, analyze and report production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis to business partners by providing high level commentary and provide estimates for recurring events to stakeholders
- Responsible for reporting accurate data to Global Repository database in line with Merck’s due dates
- Review and ensure accurate data is reported per branch in monthly product cost, sales and inventory consolidation close
- Analyze and resolve intransit inventory in a timely manner following up to determine driver of inventory remaining intransit and partnering with parties to resolve
- Continue to meet the S404 requirements, updating documentation and performing/enhancing existing controls. Provide monthly reporting to customers
- Analyse of standard revision on global level by branch and ensure appropriate accounting is performed on a local and global branch perspective
- Ensuring actual financial data is correctly reported in P&L and Balance Sheet
- Analysing sales data in above market and ensure data is accurately reported according to guidelines
- Participate in objective setting, mid-year review, end-year review and feedback discussions with manager to foster open honest communication.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance combined with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an analytical role. Having a CPA, CA or equivalent is a prerequisite.
- Experience with analysis of production within a financial system like SAP or other
- Fluent in English (and French language is a prerequisite)
- Ability to travel occasionally
What's in it for you?
- Interesting salary package
- Being able to work with all different sorts of colleagues as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- An excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
- A nice canteen with a lot of different sorts of food and drinks.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact me!