Salaris €50,000 - €65,000 per annum
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 12 maart 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Would you love to work for one of the biggest players in the Pharmaceutical industry? Are you excellent in Accounting and Analyses? And experienced in a manufacturing or production environment? Would you fit in an international and inspiring working environment with fun colleagues? Please keep on reading.
Our client is one of the biggest players in the Pharmaceutical industry. Through the companies' medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, they work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. They have a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
For the new matrix organization, we are currently recruiting for a Cost Analyst in Haarlem.
Department / Business unit
EMEA /AP Cost of sales and Inventory department is part of a global financial group whereby several departments have been merged. The team is based in Haarlem and consists of appr. 40 FTE’s. This team is responsible to perform end to end activities from actual transactional occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ. These activities will be performed for +/-85 branches/entities (and increasing) in EMEA/AP region, which will roll up directly into divisional and global results. On a monthly basis actual results will be provided to business partners with high level commentary and explanations so that adequate business decisions can be made, if required. Finally this team, as a business process owner, will look for synergies and business processes changes with business partners to optimize systems and processes in line with the companies' internal policies and procedures but also external, US GAAP and IFRS.
This position is part of the new COSI matrix organization, which will perform end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ. Main tasks will be maintaining, reviewing, reporting and analysing of sales, inventory, intercompany profit, production and product cost data in supporting the monthly accounting close and management cycles for 1 or multiple branches. The Cost Analyst will be reporting into the Associate Director P&L .
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Maintaining and creating product cost according US GAAP rules.
- Controlling, analyzing and reporting production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis to business partners by providing high level commentary and provided estimates for recurring events to stakeholders.
- Monitoring inventory level and generating appropriate actions to avoid inventory risks and discards with stakeholders.
- Reporting accurate data to Global Repository database in line with the companies' due date.
- Reviewing and ensuring accurate data is reported per branch in monthly product cost, sales and inventory consolidation close.
- Analyzing and resolving intransit inventory in a timely manner following up to determine driver of inventory remaining intransit and partnering with parties to resolve.
- Analyzing consolidated costs and intercompany profit differences.
- Identifying and working on initiatives that improve cost control and/or increase efficiency.
- Continuing to meet the S404 requirements, updating documentation and performing/enhancing existing controls.
- Analyzing standard revision on global level by branch and ensuring appropriate accounting is performed on a local and global branch perspective.
- Providing accurate and timely financial cost, sales and inventory data to customers as requested.
- Participating in special and ad hoc projects to support management analysis and provide ad-hoc quality support to business partners.
- Participating in objective setting, mid-year review, end-year review and feedback discussions with manager to foster open honest communication.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics, Finance or Accountancy
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in an analytical role in finance. Experience in a production, manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with analysis of production within a financial system like SAP.
- Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP.
- SOX experience is a great asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Willingness to take on responsibility.
- Goal-orientated and capable of making decisions.
- Intercultural experience.
- Initiative, adaptive and open to change.
- Able to mentor effectively.
- Organized with good analytical skills.
- Flexible in work hours and willingness to work in shifts, willingness to travel 10%-30%.
What's in it for you?
Our client is an attractive employer offering interesting growing opportunities. The company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. They expect a lot from their people and they have a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills is what the company values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our client will be a good place for you to work. They have an excellent fringe benefit program, and invest heavily in the development of their people. The company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Great! Please apply via the button below for the Cost Analyst vacancy. We are looking forward to receiving your application.