Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 12 juni 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you goal-orientated, capable of making decisions and do you show initiative? Do you have excellent accounting knowledge and good analytical skills? If so, we would like you to apply for the Cost Analyst position.
MSD (Merck) one of the biggest players in the Pharmaceutical industry. Through their medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, they work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
For the new matrix organization, we are currently recruiting for a Cost Analyst in Haarlem.
This position is part of the new COSI (Cost of Sales and Inventory) matrix organization, which will perform end to end activities from actual occurrence of a financial result till consolidation level in HQ.
Your main tasks will be
- Responsible to maintain and create product cost according US GAAP rules
- Control, analyze and report production results and source to settle variances on a monthly basis to business partners by providing high level commentary and provide estimates for recurring events to stakeholders
- Responsible for reporting accurate data to Global Repository database in line with Merck’s due dates
- Review and ensure accurate data is reported per branch in monthly product cost, sales and inventory consolidation close
- Analyze and resolve intransit inventory in a timely manner following up to determine driver of inventory remaining intransit and partnering with parties to resolve
- Analyze consoldiated costs and intercompany profit differences.
- Identify and work on initiatives that improve cost control and/or increase efficiency.
- Continue to meet the S404 requirements, updating documentation and performing/enhancing existing controls. Provide monthly reporting to customers
- Analyze of standard revision on global level by branch and ensure appropriate accounting is performed on a local and global branch perspective
- Addresses entity/divisional customer questions and requests on a variety of data and system issues.
- Provide accurate and timely financial cost, sales and inventory data to customers as requested.
- Participate in special and ad hoc projects to support management analysis and provide ad-hoc quality support to business partners.
- Ensuring actual financial data is correctly reported in P&L and Balance Sheet
- Analyzing sales data in above market and ensure data is accurately reported according to guidelines
- Participate in objective setting, mid-year review, end-year review and feedback discussions with manager to foster open honest communication.
For this challenging position we require the following from you
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics, Finance or Accountancy. Having a CA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent is a pre.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an analytical role in finance. Experience in a production, manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with analysis of production within a financial system like SAP.
- Previous practical experience of preparing accounts in accordance with US GAAP.
- SOX experience is a great asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Goal-orientated; capable of making decisions; show initiative and be adaptive; be open to change
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel occasionally.
What's in it for you?
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting growing opportunities. They always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. They expect a lot from their people and they have a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills is what MSD values and rewards most.
If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. They have an excellent fringe benefit program, and invest heavily in the development of their people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Great! Please apply via the button below for the Cost Analyst vacancy. We are looking forward to receiving your application.