Business Data Analyst
Consultant Liddy Eichhorn
Datum 4 november 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 oil-and-gas Maastricht Limburg NL EUR 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
For an international manufacturing company in Maastricht, we are searching for a Business Analyst. Do you have experience in SQL and would you like to work in an international environment? Read further!
The primary role of the Data Analyst (DA) is to identify, design and develop data analytics routines to support audit activities performed by different Internal Audit teams. Maintain an effective system of data analytics and models which provide enhanced insight into risks and controls, establishes an efficient/automated means to analyze and test large volumes of data for outliers, anomalies, patterns, and trends, and help evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls. Create repeatable data analytics to support continuous audit monitoring programs. In addition, this position is to periodically perform audit tests of controls by obtaining and analyzing audit evidence, preparing audit work papers, evaluating test results, and drawing conclusions on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
You will be responsible for leading and undertaking Data Analytics in relation to audit areas or assignments to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and the design and operation of controls within the business. This includes assisting in corporate investigations, financial audits, integrated audits and special projects. While primarily based in one audit office, the Senior Auditor DA will be required to have flexibility to travel nationally and internationally when the assignment requires.
- Lead Internal Audit Data Analytics supporting audits and projects to assess the adequacy of controls within Identify, design, and develop data analytics extract routines to support audit activities performed by the Internal Audit team.
- Manage data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for visualization/analysis by the Internal Audit team.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, applying professional skepticism when assessing data sources and validating the completeness and accuracy of data received.
- Interact and collaborate with Internal Audit team members in working towards departmental goals.
- Develop and implement the audit function
- Advise audit colleagues on practical and insightful analytical options for risks and controls assessment on an ad-hoc basis, or during any stage of the audit process (i.e., annual risk assessment, audit testing, business monitoring, etc.)
- As required, provide input into departmental initiatives e.g., templates, audit manual and methodologies, annual and planning process
- Function as a global resource, participating in assignments as required in various locations.
- Analyse trends and patterns in data and report meaningful and value added insights to colleagues and Management.
- Perform audit tests of controls by obtaining and analyzing audit evidence, preparing audit work papers, evaluating test results, and drawing conclusions on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, computer science, or management information systems.
- 3-5 years of relevant/recent data analysis experience in audit, financial, risk management, or technology functions.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, data-intuition, and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in data analytics techniques.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in extraction and analysis of data from a wide variety of financial systems, leveraging data analysis tools, Excel, Access, and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Preferred knowledge and experience in SAP (R3/S4Hana)
- Experience building and supporting continuous audit monitoring programs.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and auditing techniques.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? Apply directly!