Salaris €50,000 - €60,000 per jaar
Locatie Den HaagFULL_TIME
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 21 juni 2022zuid-holland accountancy-finance/financial-analysis 2022-06-21 2022-08-20 accountancy Den Haag Zuid-Holland NL 2592AA EUR 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you looking for an opportunity to financially manage several projects and also be part of an organisation that contributes to a better world? For Oxfam Novib we are looking for a Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) in The Hague.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together they save, protect and rebuild lives. They won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. Oxfam novib is a international confederation of 21 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian and development programming and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All their work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability and Inclusiveness.
The Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) is part of the Project Management Support expertise (ProMt) unit and seconded on a full time basis to projects and/or programs. The ProMt unit provides project related financial and administrative support to the Programs and Engagement Departments and non-project related financial and administrative support to all units and departments. It is the owner of a number of key policies and processes that relate to the operational, financial, and administrative management of projects from the inception of a project until its closure and procurement in general within Oxfam Novib. It provides direct project support through seconded staff and procurement management, and indirect support through a core team setting and providing guidance on professional project management, financial and administrative standards for projects and procurement in general.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for the comprehensive financial management of projects and programs. This includes the implementation of sound financial controls, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, auditing and forecasting processes, financial risk assessment and management and capacity building for Oxfam country offices and partners. You will collaborate with and provide guidance to the financial officers of projects and programs’ and the network of actors related to projects and programs to ensure quality implementation of financial administration in accordance with Oxfam Novib and donor requirements. The aim is to strengthen a coherent, robust approach to financial management and oversight for projects and programs. The Senior Finance Specialist is therefore an experienced financial manager and very effective communicator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advice the project leader based on financial analysis for financial management decisions focusing on short-term and long-term planning, budget control to ensure budget utilisation and prevention of losses
- Set up a project wide system for a planning and reporting the financial parts of project management, to ensure that all financial elements of project management are properly coordinated
- Developing project work processes and procedures
- Coordination of financial reporting, financial control and monitoring of sub activities in projects and programs
- Deliver a direct contribution to the realisation of project goals of the project by drawing-up and monitoring the consolidated project budget including all partners
- Providing financial strategic support to the Finance Quality and Control unit to allow for continuous improvements in the financial system and procedures as well as financial project management capacities aligned to the strategic direction Oxfam Novib is taking
- Coordinating the annual external audit process for the project
- Ensuring that the financial risks and opportunities are effectively managed, and pro-actively making contributions to lower risks where possible by taking the lead in risk management and actively reviewing Country Office
Requirements for the job
- An Academic level (Master Degree) or HBO Bachelor level (Higher Vocational Education) in financial management, business administration, accounting or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in financial management or financial controlling position in a project-based organisation
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Team player
- Experience and knowledge of relevant financial IT-systems
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an advantage
What we offer
For initial appointments, Oxfam Novib offers a contract of 1 year (including a one-month probationary period) with possibility of extension.
Interested? Please apply!
Neem contact op
+31 010 799 80 90
Salaris: BespreekbaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 9 juni 2022For our client, a world-leading organisation in agriculture supply chain in Rotterdam we are looking for a Business Controller. Do you have big4 or other relevant experience and are you looking for a challenging new job in a fast pasted dynamic enviroment. Please read further!
Salaris: €55,000 - €65,000 per yearLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 7 juni 2022Voor onze klant Ballast Nedam Development zijn we op zoek naar een enthousiaste en breed geïnteresseerd Controller! De rol bevat vele facetten in het control spectrum. Werk je momenteel als auditor of heb je al ervaring opgedaan in een (junior) Control positie? Lees dan snel verder!
Salaris: BespreekbaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 16 mei 2022For our client, a world-leading organisation in agriculture supply chain in Rotterdam we are looking for a Controller Group Reporting & Consolidation. Do you have multiple years of audit experience? Or do you fulfill a similar position? Please read further!
Salaris: €50,000 - €55,000 per jaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 7 juni 2022Voor Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam zoek ik een Teamleider Financiële Administratie. Ben jij een financiële leider die graag een internationaal A-merk op je CV zet? Warm wordt van kunst en cultuur? Lees dan snel verder over deze prachtige functie bij een museum van wereldklasse!
Salaris: €50,000 - €60,000 per jaarLocatie: Den HaagDatum online: 21 juni 2022Are you looking for an opportunity to support projects all over the world and also be part of an organisation that contributes to a better world? For Oxfam Novib we are looking for a Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) in The Hague.