Controller Etos en Gall
Salaris €50,000 - €60,000 per annum + plus bonus
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 2 maart 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Were you once best in class? Are you excellent in Financial Controlling? And would you be interested in gaining your RC-title in the near future? For Ahold Delhaize we are recruiting for a Controller for the labels Etos and Gall.
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Business Services Finance
Business Services Finance (BSF) is part of the Ahold Business Services organization, which consists of Finance and Human Resources.
The department is responsible for providing high quality and professional financial accounting and control, reporting and assurance services. This concerns both management reporting on various dimensions and entities as well as external reporting to Group and different external stakeholders. Services are delivered from both Zaandam and Prague and are supported by Genpact from Krakow (Poland) and Hyderabad (India). BSF is the owner of the financial end-to-end processes of Albert Heijn (Netherlands, Belgium and Germany), Etos and Gall & Gall (Netherlands) and Albert Supermarkets (Czech Republic).
The teams in BSF are centered around the areas of Sales & Margin Albert Heijn, Operating Expenses, Capital & Consolidation, Etos & Gall, AH Online & New Markets, Assurance, Solution Delivery and Finance Transformation. The aim is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders. Currently, one of the Controller roles will become vacant in the Etos & Gall team.
The Controller will be a member of the Etos & Gall team. He/she will be:
- Reporting to the team lead Etos & Gall, Business Services Finance and be part of the team.
- Ensuring that financial processes and solutions provided meet the requirements from a risk- control- and compliance perspective.
- Responsible for the management reporting of a designated topic or business unit, and pro-actively providing insights for decision-making towards the business.
- The key point of contact for stakeholders such as Business Controllers of one or more Business Units on behalf of Business Services Finance.
- First point of contact towards Genpact regarding accounting, reporting activities, end-to-end processes, and changes.
- Responsible to ensure that qualifiers are clearly defined, communicated and realized to meet Business Services Finance deliverables.
- Taking the lead in smaller and key member role in larger projects to further improve Business Services Finance. Continuous improvement is an important part of the role.
- On behalf of Business Services Finance participate or manage projects which realize business improvements.
- Master-degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or equivalent
- Willingness to complete a Post Master-degree in Controlling (Dutch RC or equivalent)
- Business partnering and pro-active mind-set , and motivated to transfer data into insights
- Some experience in participating in projects.
- Well developed in areas of Ahold competencies such as Operational Excellence, Business Insight and Impact and Influence.
- Work experience of minimum 4 years in Audit or at least 2 years in a comparable Controlling position.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is a requirement
- Working for a large well-known retail company;
- A diverse, challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of the company with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- Many interesting growing opportunities within the company;
- Excellent salary package;
- Great office with good facilities, easy to reach by public transport or car.
Please apply for this vacancy asap via the corresponding email. We are looking forward to meeting you.