Junior Financial Controller
Salaris €32,000 - €40,000 per annum
Consultant Yasimin Harput
Datum 15 mei 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you interested in the construction sector and are you currently working for an accountancy firm? Would you like to be the new Junior Financial Controller at a leading international company based in Dordrecht?
Member of the controlling team which plays an important role in the financial control and business control of the group. The role focuses on the budget and forecast process and the monthly review and analysis of the results of the group and the companies within the group.
Tasks and responsibilities
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Monthly review and analysis of the figures of the group and companies within the group;
- Support in the monitoring of financial covenants and prepare compliance reporting to the banks;
- Drives the technical side of the budget and forecasting process and is hands-on involved in the review and analysis of the budget and forecast;
- Obtain sufficient technical knowledge of the consolidation system to support in all processes; budget, forecast, annual report and in absence of others monthly closing;
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes (budget and forecasting, monthly reporting and fleet controlling);
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly reports to the executive management, board of directors and the banks in cooperation with the Consolidation team;
- Support the annual report process of the entire group including the preparation of the annual accounts and supporting documentation, analysis and position papers and supporting of local countries and review procedures were necessary.
- Support fleet controlling; monitor actual CAPEX spending compared to budget, cash flow implication of variances from budget, monitor if purchase orders are approved in accordance with the authorization matrix;
- Monitor the internal control environment and identify areas for improvement and present possible solutions. Support local and HQ teams with the implementation of these improvements;
- Hands on support to the local finance managers and HQ departments with financial questions or projects;
- Involvement in special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting requirements where financial expertise is required. This relates to supporting departments as accounting, treasury, Internal Audit, Operations, support implementation ERP-system, harmonization business processes etc.
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance; Master's degree is preferred;
- At least 2 years experience; preferably in a big 4 audit firm or in an international corporate role;
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS and Dutch GAAP;
- Proven experience with tools, techniques, processes and systems in the control arena;
- Proven experience with finance and business control and international reporting standards;
- Excellent language skills in English (written and spoken);
- Excellent command of MS Office or similar IT applications. Knowledge of ERP and reporting/consolidation systems (i.e. Lucanet) is preferred;
- Strong affinity with IT;
- Willing to work in an international network organization, and communicate with all levels;
- Willing to travel as required.
Interested? Please apply online.