Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 30 mei 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Do you enjoy providing valuable insights and solving complex problems? Are you convinced every process can be improved? Are you the valuable counterpart to business control? And are you ready to work for one of the best employers in the Netherlands? We are recruiting for a Controller position at Ahold Delhaize.
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Department / Business unit
Business Services Finance (BSF) is part of the Global Business Services organization which provides services such as Finance & Accounting (F&A), HR administration, and Not for Resale (NFR) sourcing to its retail brands in Europe and the US. The goal of Business Services is to provide a wide range of operational and support services and to drive down costs and unlock savings. As such, Business Services enables each brand to focus on and drive business performance to deliver Ahold Delhaize’s objectives.
One of the BSF teams is Finance & Accounting Operations (F&A Ops), consisting of multiple brand and process teams. The aim is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders. Currently we are looking for a financial controller within the Operational Expenses team.
Main tasks & responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is eager to improve processes and provide valuable insights. The Controller will be a member of the Operational Expenses team. He/she will be:
- Reporting to the team lead Operational Expenses.
- Ensuring that financial processes and solutions provided meet the requirements from a risk- control- and compliance perspective.
- Responsible for the management reporting of Albert Heijn Overhead & IT, and pro-actively providing insights for decision-making towards the business.
- The key point of contact for stakeholders such as Business Controllers of Albert Heijn Overhead & IT on behalf of F&A Operations.
- First point of contact towards Genpact regarding accounting, reporting activities, end-to-end processes, and changes.
- Responsible to ensure that qualifiers are clearly defined, communicated and realized to meet Business Services Finance deliverables.
- Being key member in projects to further improve Business Services Finance. Continuous improvement is an important part of the role.
- On behalf of Business Services Finance participate in projects which realize business improvements.
- University degree in business studies or business economics or equivalent
- Willingness to complete a postgraduate degree in controlling, accounting or data analytics (RC, RA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
- Work experience of minimum 4 years in finance, preferably in audit, accounting, financial controlling or data analytics.
- Fluent in Dutch (!) and English (both written and verbally), other relevant languages are considered an advantage
- Well developed in areas of Ahold competencies such as Operational Excellence, Business Insight and Impact and Influence
- Business partnering and pro-active mind-set, and motivated to transfer data into insights.
- Working for a large well-known retail company;
- A diverse, challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of the company with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- Many interesting growing opportunities within the company;
- Excellent salary package;
- Great office in Zaandam with good facilities, easy to reach by public transport or car.
Please apply for this vacancy asap via the button below. A motivation letter is not required.
We are looking forward to meeting you. Do you know someone in your network that would suit the role well? Please let us know as well! We will reward you with a nice incentive and forever lasting gratitude.