Controlling Manager Record to Report
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 5 juli 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Would you like to build your own team within a large retailer? Do you have a background in Audit, Accounting or Controlling? And excellent stakeholder management skills? For Ahold Delhaize we are looking for an enthusiastic manager who is eager to improve the closing processes and to provide valuable insights together with the other teams.
Ahold Delhaize has a portfolio of strong, trusted local brands with more than 375,000 associates serving more than 50 million customers every week in the United States and Europe. The company has enhanced scale across regions, market-leading retail offerings to serve customers’ changing needs, and a strong financial profile from which to fund innovation and investments in future growth.
Department / Business unit
Business Services Finance (BSF) is part of the Global Business Services organization which provides services such as Finance & Accounting (F&A), HR administration, and Not for Resale (NFR) sourcing to its retail brands in Europe and the US. The goal of Business Services is to provide a wide range of operational and support services and to drive down costs and unlock savings. As such, Business Services enables each brand to focus on and drive business performance to deliver Ahold Delhaize’s objectives.
One of the BSF teams is Finance & Accounting Operations (F&A Ops), consisting of multiple brand and process teams. The aim is to further develop the professional capabilities of the teams, building a true knowledge center on financial processes and services, and business partnering with our stakeholders. Currently we are looking for a Manager Record to Report (R2R) within the F&A Ops team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic manager who is eager to improve the closing processes and to provide valuable insights together with the other F&A Ops teams.
The manager R2R acts as the liason between business control, other F&A teams and the BPO partner (Genpact) with regards to the closing processes. Furthermore, the manager R2R plays an important role in identifying opportunities to further improve the services delivered by the F&A teams and on the end-to-end process.
The manager R2R will be a member of the F&A Ops team and is responsible for the operational effectiveness of the financial closing process, delivering functional support in the budgeting process and overall financial control on Operating Unit AH. The services include full responsibility for accounting, key controls, financial reporting and management reporting. Accuracy and completeness are warranted through compliance with appropiate laws, regulations, company guidelines and policies.
- 8+ years of experience in finance, preferably in audit, accounting, financial controlling or data analytics.
- University degree in business economics, accounting, controlling or equivalent. A postgraduate degree (RC, RA, ACCA, CPA) is a strong asset
- Fluent in Dutch (!) and English (both written and verbally)
- Well developed in impacting and influencing multiple stakeholders
- Able to set up a new role within the F&A Ops team
- Willing to travel to BPO locations (currently Poland and India).
- Working for a large well-known retail company;
- A diverse, challenging job that combines accounting, analytical and problem solving skills to deliver desired results;
- Work in the dynamic international environment of the company with colleagues who have a broad range of professional experience;
- Many interesting growing opportunities within the company;
- Excellent salary package;
- Great office in Zaandam with good facilities, easy to reach by public transport or car.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Please apply via the button below. Robert Walters is responsible for the first selection round. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Do you know someone in your network that would suit the role well? Please let us know as well! We will reward you with a nice incentive and forever lasting gratitude.