Sr. Financial Controller
Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 3 augustus 2018 2018-08-032018-09-09 accountancy Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Play a key role for a global investment and asset management conglomerate, as the new Sr. Financial Controller at their European HQ in Amstelveen. Interested? Please read on:
About the company
You will be working for a globally active conglomerate; with over €2 billion in assets in a variety of industries. They have operations in over 20 countries and 4 continents; including the USA, Europe, South America and China. They are active in numerous sectors, including Mining, Construction and Port Management.
The Sr. Financial Controller position
The Sr. Financial Controller is stationed at the newly developing European HQ in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, and reports to the Country Manager, Group Consolidation & Reporting Director.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Preparing periodic and annual financial statements for Group reporting purposes.
- Ensuring accurate, high quality IFRS adjustments according to IFRS and Group requirements.
- Responsible from the accuracy of accounting transactions and compliance to regulatory requirements in the matters of accounting, bookkeeping, reporting and documentation.
- Administering all transactions into company’s IFRS and tax ledgers separately and accurately on time, checks the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records.
- Following up on the Group updates on accounting policies and assessing the effects on the financial statements, communicating those effects to relevant parties.
- Working in close relationship with external auditors and the reporting team of Group Companies located in Istanbul and liaising with local external auditors during review/audit of financial statements.
- Providing guidance and supervision to related departments on accounting, reporting and tax.
- Assisting in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- BSc or MSc in Accounting/Finance/Economy. Additional Certification is an asset.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Accounting/Auditing preferably acquired in Big4 or international companies in a consolidation department.
- Familiar with International Tax, Corporate Income Tax and Indirect Taxes
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to direct and supervise.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Must speak fluent Dutch and English.
Apply directly! or contact Joram Falkenburg for enquiries