Consultant Nanke van Asten
Datum 20 juli 2018 2018-07-202018-09-18 building-and-construction Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Group Controller or Senior Financial Controller and open for a great career step? Do you have well developed people management skills and organizational awareness combined with a result driven and service minded attitude? Then we are looking for you to join as Group Controller, a key member of the finance team.
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Group Controller to join the finance team. In this role you report to the Finance Director of Chubb Netherlands. As Group Controller, you will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing the whole financial management system in the company.
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations;
- Establish financial systems to comply with local regulations and legislation;
- Manage all accounting operations including A/P, GL and Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported;
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements;
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close process;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Operate a high performance internal control environment in complete compliance with US parent requirements (incl. SOX);
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback;
Part of the Finance Management Team;
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar subject, preferably with a RA, RC or CPA
- At least 10 years of work experience as controller and/or financial manager, with progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Experience in a management role, proven abilities as a manager
- Proven abilities in providing high quality financial support at a senior management level
- Excellent knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge of financial operations and structures
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and (SOX) procedures;
- Ability to work and prioritize under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (in English and Dutch)
- Excellent accounting software and administration skills (preferably JDE & HFM);
UTC is the world's largest provider of building technologies. Their elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, and services make modern life possible and promote solutions that are safer, smarter and sustainable. They make the world a better place to live. The organisation creates and maintains comfortable, accessible, efficient, healthy, safe, secure and sustainable environments, and ensure the global food supply is transported and preserved for safe consumption.
Chubb Netherlands, a part of CCS (division within UTC) is a leading equipment and service provider in the Electronical & Fire security segment in the Netherlands. The customer base is divers and ranges from residential to large industrial customers. Chubb operates using four national Business Units with the head-office located in Utrecht.
Interested? Please apply online.