Consultant Joram Falkenburg
Datum 5 september 2018 2018-09-052018-10-16 trade-and-services Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
How would you like an interesting and challenging Financial Controller role at an International (USA) Trade organization, in the greater Amsterdam Area? If so, this position might be a great next step for you! Read more below...
Overview of Job Scope:
The Controller position is responsible for the Finance operations; including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that these results comply with GAAP / IFRS. The Controller will act as a business partner to the product line in matters of risk, compliance, and finance in relation to product control matters.
- Manage the accounting department
- Manage the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, including the control system, transaction processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure the periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Record journal entries as needed
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and reporting package
- Manage the annual budget and forecast process
- Provide financial analysis as needed for local and group needs
- Coordinate the information to external auditors for the year end audit and tax work
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor enforcement of the Group’s Risk Management and Credit policies
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. A Professional Accounting Qualification is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years working experience, preferably in a commodity environment with a solid understanding of product control in a trading environment
- Strong excel skills to include pivot table work.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and approach with the ability to prioritize and organize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong business judgement who can initiate action and follow through with well defined solutions and action plans
- Good understanding of and demonstrated commitment to internal control
- Ability to contribute and thrive in a global team-oriented environment as well as operate independently to identify issues, research, recommend, and implement the appropriate solutions
Interested? Apply now! Contact email@example.com for any questions