Financial Controller German Entities
Salaris €60,000 - €70,000 per year
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 8 oktober 2018 2018-10-082018-12-07 manufacturing-and-production Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
An industry leader in chemicals is looking for a financial controller based in Rotterdam. You need to have some experience with HGB (German GAAP). This company is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, the company serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries. Their products touch nearly every facet of modern living.
- Overall Balance Sheet ownership;
- Support monthly closing under US GAAP, including various monthly/quarterly reporting;
- Liaise with and support of local German Finance team and site leadership;
- Prepare annual statutory accounts local GAAP;
- Responsible overall compliance for entity;
- Liaise with Tax department and Tax advisors;
- Support Corporate Income Tax and other Tax related returns;
- Account reconciliations & analysis;
- Ascertains compliance with Internal Accounting Policies & Procedures and SOX.
- Aligns; Creates agreement and cooperation among people, teams or initiatives for our future. Is able to let go of personal bias for the good of the whole. Moves the conversation forward;
- Talks straight; Acts with integrity. Uses simple and straight forward language. Let others know where they stand. Able to confront issues before they turn into major problems;
- Works with velocity; Has a personal sense of urgency, focusing on what's important and being proactive, not reactive, in dealing with issues. Able to let go of previous methods and explore options with more efficiency;
- Commits; Whole heartedly pledges to a position, project or work and does not waiver. Acts with integrity, walks the talk. Honors commitments;
- Focuses on the customer; Understands the needs of our (internal) customers and the way they make decisions. Designs sustainable solutions for customers, which foster long-term relationships;
- Demonstrates agility; Able to work well in a matrix environment, takes in feedback and adjusts, acts with flexibility and is able to manage multiple activities. Acts with personal and organizational agility;
- Accountable; Takes responsibility for the actions or results, regardless of the outcome. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost-effective results. Accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Academic degree in Accounting;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Financial Control. Manufacturing background and working in an international Shared Service Center is considered a plus;
- USGAAP and German GAAP know-how;
- SAP experience;
- English and (near native) German is a must. (Dutch is considered a plus).
Interested in this position? Please apply on or website!