European Financial Controller
Salaris €7,000 - €8,300 per month
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 22 maart 2019 2019-03-222019-05-13 pharmaceuticals Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 7000 8300 8300 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
We are looking for a European Financial Controller for a medical device company in Amsterdam. Are you a qualified accountant who wants to work as a Financial Controller for a global market leader? Apply now!
This organisation is a world leader in the development, manufacturer and marketing of medical devices.
Purpose of the role
The European Financial Controller maintains a transparent financial and administrative process for the European entities of a medical device company. In order to meet the strategic and tactical objectives from the annual strategical plan, the European Financial Controller ensures correct and timely reporting/advise to the management on financial/accounting subject. Furthermore, the controller has the responsibility to further optimise the financial and administrative organisation in the broadest sense and ensuring correct recording of data in such a way that:
- Reliable management information and analysis is available on a timely basis.
- Statutory reporting is complied with in each country the group has a presence in Europe.
- Tax and other fiscal returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Cash and the European treasury function can be managed efficiently.
- The group’s transfer pricing policy can be implemented efficiently and effectively which includes financial as physical reporting.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Setting up and managing the administrative organisation, including the full functional management of the ERP application.
- Making proposals to improve the financial and administrative process within the holding company and its operating companies and branches and implementing them.
- Providing reliable management information on monthly basis to comply with group reporting deadlines, currently end of 2nd working day.
- Managing the European finance department ensuring the caliber and quality of personnel is capable and qualified to perform the assigned tasks.
- Ensuring that cash is managed and pooled efficiently on a European basis, in coordination with head of office in North America.
- Enable cost control by the budget holders.
- Managing the preparation of annual statutory accounts by country.
- Supervision of tax and statutory audits throughout the different entities in Europe.
- The provision of solicited and unsolicited advice to management based on financial expertise.
- Master’s degree within Finance.
- Qualified accountant (British/ US/ Canadian or Dutch equivalent)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international company, could be obtained in an Accountancy firm as well.
- Ability to analyse and present financial data to all levels of management.
- Flexible mindset (working closely with the US office).
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary package.
- Working for a global market leader.
- Growth opportunities towards Finance Director.
- International exposure.
- Nice and ambitious colleagues.
- Brand new office located in Amsterdam.
Have you got enthusiastic after reading this job description? We are looking forward towards your application!