Salaris €90,000 - €100,000 per year
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 15 maart 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 real-estate-and-property Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl
I am looking for a European Controller for a interntaional operator of premium co-working spaces and business lounges. Originating in Israel, the group is establishing operational headquarters in Europe and is seeking to open new sites in the Europe and the United States. This is a growing community with a vibrant team, and this is an opportunity to work in an inspiring and innovative environment.
We are looking for an experienced controller to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive the company’s financial reporting and business partnering function as it grows. Initially a hands-on role with a broad remit, we envisage that in time business growth will allow for
this individual to grow a finance function around them. The role is unique as the incumbent will need to be equally comfortable in dealing with the minutiae as well as the strategic end of the business they support.
You will be responsible for preparing management and financial accounts, together with assessing the financial performance and possible risks across all jurisdictions to report to management and investors.
As European Controller, you are a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. You are also a strategic thinker who can participate in all decision-making processes.
The goal is to work closely alongside management, which includes the founders and investors, to help the company grow, maintain profitability, liquidity and achieve long-term success.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for reporting, results analysis and forecasting.
- Receive local accounts from each jurisdiction and processing the monthly close, general ledger, and consolidation activities.
- Prepare detailed budgets and monitor all expenditure.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Liaise with advisors / administrators on monthly, quarterly and annual VAT returns and Corporate Income Tax filings.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations.
- Prepare mid-term planning and opportunities and risks analysis.
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analysing its performance and risks.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare Capex budgets and monitor project expenditure.
- Review year-end financial statements.
- Prepare analyses to assess new co-working sites and locations.
- Conduct regulatory reporting (BEPS, ATAD).
- Focus on strategic issues, special projects, business analysis, and competitor comparisons.
- Provide insights and actions that actively support sustainable value generation.
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems.
- Act as a financial advisor to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines.
- You're a Qualified accountant.
- At least 6 years’ experience in commerce.
- Proven experience as Head of Finance or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, reporting, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Fluent English.
- Good business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Energy, dynamism, and passion for complex business challenges.
What's in it for you?
- Attractive salary package
- International exposure
- Brand new Amsterdam office
- Growth opportunities due the Private Equity ownership
Have you got enthusiastic after reading this job description? We are looking forward towards your application!