Locatie Alphen aan den RijnFULL_TIME
Consultant Sofie Van der Does
Datum 23 augustus 20192019-08-23 2019-10-22 new-media-and-internet Alpen aan den Rijn South Holland NL EUR 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Do you want to work for an international company with possibilities to develop yourself and have growth potential? Do you have 3+ years of working experience and are you looking for the next step? For Wolters Kluwer I am looking for a Financial Controller. Read more!
Your potential employer
For Wolters Kluwer I am looking for a Financial Controller to join the finance team of the Global Platform Organization.
Wolters Kluwer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for various industries. The range of expert solutions combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services to deliver better outcomes, analytics, and improved productivity for our customers. The company is active in more than 180 countries and operates in more than 40 countries. Wolters Kluwer is AEX-listed and had a revenue of 4.3 billion in 2018. Wolters Kluwer have been recognized as Dutch Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year.
For this position I am looking for someone to join the Global Platform organisation within Wolters Kluwer. The Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization (GPO) co-creates state-of-the-art digital solutions with our businesses around the world. The GPO mandate is to grow revenue in the company’s digital products through innovation to meet customer needs.
The GPO Finance team consist of 11 finance professionals, of which 8 are based the head office in the Netherlands and 3 in one of the Wolters Kluwer offices in the US.
As the Financial Controller you will have a key role in developing and operating the financial processes, controls and reporting of the GPO organization. In this capacity you are responsible for:
• Supporting in the preparation of financial plans for Tech BV, including strategic 3 year plan, Budget and Latest Estimate forecasts.
• Timely reporting on the financial performance of GPO organization, both for management purposes as well as for group reporting purposes.
• Managing and monitoring the key accounting processes of the organization.
• Key user of PBCS / System Specialist for GPO.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Perform month end and year end accounting activities such as account reconciliations and accrual journal entries.
• Ensure timely provisions of monthly financial statements to various stakeholders.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting according to company policies.
• Provide assistance and guidance to the corporate accounting team as required.
• Review and monitor the accounting procedures, recommending changes where necessary.
• Participate in design and implementation of the organization’s financial processes, including but not limited to: purchasing, recharging of IT services, period end closing, cost centre design, GL account design, project structure design.
• Supporting the planning processes (strategic 3-year planning, budgeting and latest estimates) for each of the cost centres.
• Manage GPO capitalization process: monitor costs of ongoing projects, managing the capitalization and depreciation of assets and reporting to stakeholders on the CAPEX status.
• Manage intercompany recharge process.
• Participate in internal and external audits of the GPO books.
Your experience and knowledge
• Master or Bachelor in Business Administration or Finance or Accounting.
• 5+ years of experience in an Accounting/ Controlling role, in an international environment.
• Experience with technology development and service management processes is a plus.
• Excel ‘power user’, hands-on experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), smartview and preferably SAP.
• Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/ year-end close process competencies.
Your competencies and unique talents
• Customer focus.
• Understanding of financial processes, system interfaces and master data design.
• Strong and pro-active personality.
• Communication skills, and proficiency in English.
• Being an effective communicator and team-player, accepting accountability, and building working relationships as a means of getting things done.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Willingness to assist with basic work if needed.
• Passion for contributing to the organizational strategic objectives.
We offer you
Wolters Kluwer is a fast growing, financially healthy and listed organization. You will join the GPO Finance team in the head office in Alphen aan den Rijn and be part of a diverse, global workforce in a challenging, international and dynamic environment.
Wolters Kluwer offers you a full-time job (36 hours) with a competitive salary, a laptop, smartphone, generous contribution to your pension and outstanding international career opportunities.
Furthermore, flexibility in working hours, a commitment to invest in your personal development and a great environment with fun and professional colleagues are also part of the package.
Alphen Aan Den Rijn-Zuidpoolsingel