Senior Group Financial Controller
Salaris €80,000 - €110,000 per year + pension
Consultant Ton van der Kooi
Datum 4 november 20192019-11-04 2020-01-03 banking Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 80000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you a critical and analytical financial with well developed communication skills? Do you want to work in a key financial and international oriented role? Do you have experience in Statutory and Regulatory Reporting? Then keep reading.
Our client is searching for a Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Specialist. The role is in the Finance Network team within Group Finance, so at the International Head office of the bank.
Group Finance / External reporting is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within this department, the Group Finance Network team is responsible for the control and oversight function of Group Finance towards the global network. In this capacity the team is the linking pin between Group Finance and the locations and maintains the functional relationship with both the local finance departments, business unit finance departments and the Finance service centre. This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship and taking ownership for management of the global reporting process. The various stakeholders are supported with instructions, interpretations, and advice regarding reporting requirements. This is a dynamic environment as requirements in financial and regulatory environment are continuously increasing.
Task and Responsibilities
You will be part of a team that is mainly focused on analysing and understanding the key developments in the data submissions from locations and the Finance service centre, but also ensures the compliance of those submissions with statutory and regulatory requirements. The objective is to ensure timely, accurate and complete data submissions from locations so that the bank can comply with the reporting requirements at all times.
The main tasks are:
- Be the first point of contact for locations and other data delivery parties, and in that role ensure that the global financial and regulatory reporting process works efficiently;
- Prepare and send quarterly instructions to the locations and other data delivering parties and manage the global reporting process;
- Oversee the accounting and reporting impact of large transactions within or cross-business units such as intercompany transfers, legal mergers, divestments or acquisitions etc.;
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports, based on your knowledge of the local business, and check consistency between reports;
- Reviewing and challenge all submissions from the locations regarding statutory and regulatory reporting. Perform thematic reviews or deep dives; maintain a solid control framework towards the entities to ensure the integrity of the statutory and regulatory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, by reviewing sign-offs, in control statements, doing site visits etc.;
- Execution of Group Finance owned controls in the reporting process (coordination sign off of the letter of representation and goodwill impairment testing)
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the areas of accountancy, business administration of finance and control.
- Profound knowledge of IFRS, including IFRS 7, 9, and 13. Profound knowledge of the CRR, specifically liquidity (LCR) and FINREP is a plus.
Behaviours and Competences
- Analytical skills to perform analytical review on statutory and regulatory reports and the ability to challenge assumptions and perform an impact analysis on reporting issues.
- Communication and persuasion skills to perform relationship management with international stakeholders using a global perspective and cultural sensitivity.
- Pro-active attitude driving problem resolution, process enhancements and regulatory reporting changes (projects) with tenacity.
- Collaboration skills, team player with the ability to operate independently (self-starter) and to build bridges across functions
- Presentation skills with ability to translate complicated reporting issues and requirements into key messages.
- Fluent English (verbal and writing)
- Ability to cope with work-pressure and work with deadlines being dependent on others.
- Ability to travel
- By preference more than three years of experience in or with external reporting in the banking industry
- Financial audit experience is an advantage
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory reporting changes (projects), and resolving reporting issues including stakeholder management.
- Presenting reporting issues in key messages to a broader senior audience
The bank offers you an opportunity in an international role at the heart of the bank. with extensive learning opportunities. You will work in the heart of the bank. They offer a market salary, depending on your experience, with good secondary benefits. Additionally, the bank provides an environment with excellent learning opportunities.
Are you interested in the role of Senior Group Financial Controller?