Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 3 december 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 hospitality-and-catering Amsterdam North Holland NL EUR 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Collins Foods Limited https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/CFLlogo280x80.png
I am looking for a experienced controller who can lead and develop a team of 3 accountants. Do you have the technical accounting skills but are you also capable of structering th financial backoffice? Read on.
The KFC brand is one of the world’s largest restaurant chains and is owned globally by Yum! Collins Foods Limited is an Australia listed company and is the largest franchisee of KFC Restaurants operating almost 250 KFC restaurants in Australia. Collins Foods commenced their European expansion in 2016, with the purchase of KFC restaurants in Germany and in 2017
with the purchase of KFC restaurants in The Netherlands.
Collins’ near-term strategy involves focusing on the integration of these European acquisitions and building new restaurants. The Company will continue to drive growth across the business through new product innovation, as well as great value offers that keep customers coming back. In addition, organisational capability is continually being strengthened to deliver on our organic growth.
This position is responsible for the Netherlands day to day accounting, taxation and treasury function. In addition, the position is responsible for the maintenance of an appropriate system of financial internal control and will oversee the insurance function and will also be required to form strong relationships with administration vendors.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and develop the Finance Team.
- Set goals for the workgroup and manage performance.
- Ensure each team member has the opportunity to grow and develop.
- Keep team structure current and create succession plans.
- Business partnership role for the wider business.
- Build and maintain strong business partner relationships with all department heads in Europe and key Group leaders in Australia.
Accounting & Reporting:
- Lead functional areas of general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Work with Human Resources in ensuring payroll function is executed and administered.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are optimised.
- Maintain appropriate system of internal control.
- Determine and ensure group compliance with appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of relevant accounting issues and adopt as appropriate.
- Monitor cash flow and determine borrowing needs
- Maintain relationships with local banks
- Manage Netherlands tax compliance and planning and liaising with Group on Group tax matters
- Involvement in elements of M&A activity; general support overall.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Management accounts delivered on time and to standard.
- Half and Full Year statutory financial accounts delivered on time with clean audit opinion.
- Satisfaction of ARC requirements incl. improving maturity of internal control system to group standard, risk management to group standard and minimal internal audit findings.
- No material accounting surprises.
- Sufficient cash funds always available.
- All regulatory filings made on time.
- Improvement in systems and process KPIs.
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum 7 years post qualification experience (of recognized accounting institute).
- Minimum 4 years experience in senior finance role or equivalent leadership role. Experience in retail/multi- site environment advantageous.
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and influence to get things done.
- Proven leadership ability to add value across the wider business (not just finance).
- Capable of working without close supervision and able to exercise sound independent judgement and responsibility.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Seeks continuous development of people, systems and processes.
- Essential to be a good fit with the Collins culture.
Your competencies and unique talents
- Leadership skills – doing the right things, leading by example, putting people and culture first.
- Energy and enthusiasm to drive the business forward.
- Well-developed organisational skills including time management.
- Strong influencing, communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to work through others to achieve goals.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a widely organisation, with multiple stakeholders.
- Fluent in Dutch and English; and German preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Indefinite contract with 40 hours per week.
- Office in Amsterdam Zuid-Oost.
- Leading position within a fast growing company.
- Nice salary and additional benefits.
Do you want to work in a fast growing company and do you recognise yourself in this job description? Apply now!