Senior Finance Specialist
Salaris €50,000 - €60,000 per jaar
Locatie Den HaagFULL_TIME
Consultant Thomas Boerefijn
Datum 21 juni 2022zuid-holland accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-06-21 2022-08-20 not-for-profit-and-charities Den Haag Zuid-Holland NL 2595AA EUR 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you looking for an opportunity to support projects all over the world and also be part of an organisation that contributes to a better world? For Oxfam Novib we are looking for a Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) in The Hague.
Your potential employer
Oxfam Novib is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together they save, protect and rebuild lives. They won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. Oxfam Novib is a international confederation of 21 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian and development programming and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All their work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability and Inclusiveness.
The Senior Finance Specialist will be part of the Project Management Support expertise (ProMt) unit and seconded on a full time basis to projects and programs. The ProMt unit provides project related financial and administrative support to the Programs and Engagement Departments and non-project related financial and administrative support to all units and departments. It is the owner of a number of key policies and processes that relate to the operational, financial, and administrative management of projects. It provides direct project support through seconded staff and procurement management, and indirect support through a core team setting and providing guidance on professional project management, financial and administrative standards for projects and procurement in general.
Your tasks and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the comprehensive financial management of projects and programs. This includes the implementation of sound financial controls, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, auditing and forecasting processes, financial risk assessment and management and capacity building for Oxfam country offices and partners. You will collaborate with and provide guidance to the financial officers of projects and programs’ and the network of actors related to projects and programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advice the project leader based on financial analysis for financial management decisions focusing on short-term and long-term planning, budget control to ensure budget utilisation and prevention of losses
- Set up a project wide system for the planning and reporting financial parts of project management
- Developing project work processes and procedures, coordination of financial reporting, financial control and monitoring of sub activities in projects and programs
- Deliver a direct contribution to the realisation of project goals of the project by drawing-up and monitoring the consolidated project budget
- Provide financial oversight on budget follow up at individual project levels
- Providing financial strategic support to the Finance Quality and Control unit to allow for continuous improvements in the financial system and procedures
- Coordinating the annual external audit process for the project
- Ensuring that the financial risks and opportunities are effectively managed, and pro-actively making contributions to lower risks where possible
- Taking the lead in risk management and actively reviewing Country Office, affiliate and consortium partners’ risk
- Support the project leads in identifying realistic mitigation actions to ensure 100% eligibility
Your profile and knowledge
- A masters or bachelor degree in financial management, business administration, accounting, or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in financial management or financial controlling position in a project-based organisation
- Experience in an international setting or in the Global South is an advantage
- Experience in independent financial planning, budgeting, reporting, project audits and capacity to evaluate these against the political and socio-economic context within which they are carried out
- A comprehensive understanding of donor contract management, financial project management, sub-granting and contexts of operation in least developed, low and middle income countries
- Experience and knowledge of relevant financial IT-systems
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an advantage
- Willing to travel and work on other projects within the Oxfam Novib Programs Department
Oxfam Novib offers a contract of maximum one year (including a one-month probationary period) with possibility of extension. Other benefits are are annual pay increases, performance-related salary increases, holiday allowance, contributions to commuting costs, vacation days, parental, care and special leave, a private bicycle scheme, pension scheme, etc.
Interested? Please apply via Robert Walters!
Neem contact op
+31 010 799 80 90
Salaris: €50,000 - €60,000 per jaarLocatie: Den HaagDatum online: 12 mei 2022Are you looking for an opportunity to support projects all over the world and also be part of an organisation that contributes to a better world? For Oxfam Novib we are looking for a Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) in The Hague.
Salaris: €50,000 - €55,000 per jaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 7 juni 2022Voor Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam zoek ik een Teamleider Financiële Administratie. Ben jij een financiële leider die graag een internationaal A-merk op je CV zet? Warm wordt van kunst en cultuur? Lees dan snel verder over deze prachtige functie bij een museum van wereldklasse!
Salaris: €50,000 - €60,000 per jaarLocatie: Den HaagDatum online: 21 juni 2022Are you looking for an opportunity to financially manage several projects and also be part of an organisation that contributes to a better world? For Oxfam Novib we are looking for a Project Controller (Senior Finance Specialist) in The Hague.
Salaris: BespreekbaarLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 9 juni 2022For our client, a world-leading organisation in agriculture supply chain in Rotterdam we are looking for a Business Controller. Do you have big4 or other relevant experience and are you looking for a challenging new job in a fast pasted dynamic enviroment. Please read further!
Salaris: €55,000 - €65,000 per yearLocatie: RotterdamDatum online: 7 juni 2022Voor onze klant Ballast Nedam Development zijn we op zoek naar een enthousiaste en breed geïnteresseerd Controller! De rol bevat vele facetten in het control spectrum. Werk je momenteel als auditor of heb je al ervaring opgedaan in een (junior) Control positie? Lees dan snel verder!