Consultant Tess van Londen
Datum 19 september 2022noord-holland accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-09-19 2022-11-18 fashion Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you ready for a next step as Financial Controller? For Mr.MARVIS we are looking for a full-time Financial Controller to be based at the headquarters in Amsterdam.
About MR MARVIS
MR MARVIS is a fast-growing Amsterdam-based online menswear brand that is fully dedicated to delivering the perfect shorts & trousers. After a successful launch in 2016 it has become the NUMBER 1 shorts brand in the Netherlands! Expanding quickly, with physical stores in Amsterdam as well as Antwerp and online presence in Germany, France, Belgium, UK, Spain, Denmark and Italy.
Our mission is to share positive energy around the world and make people feel marvellous. We do so by creating iconic designs, offering best-in class service and driving conscious decisions for people and the planet.
As a clothing brand, we want to take responsibility for the impact we have on the world. We aim for timeless design, conscious choices for more sustainable materials and local European production (handmade in Portugal) - in short we are an advocate of “slow fashion”. That is why we are working every day to reduce our emissions and create value for everyone who comes into contact with MR MARVIS. We are currently preparing to qualify for B Corp certification in 2022. This certification is only given to companies that can demonstrate that they make a significant contribution to a better world.
As Financial Controller
You hold a key position in setting up the finances and operations at MR MARVIS in a scalable way. This varies all the way from setting up every day procedures and internal controls to preparing monthly reporting for our investors. You should be someone who is excited about bringing change by connecting stakeholders in order to get things done quickly.
You will participate in projects to make sure finance is involved at an early stage, for us to be aware of what is happening in the organisation, and to anticipate potential changes. Examples of projects are the implementation of our new ERP software (Odoo), the addition of 3PL warehouses in our supply chain and footprint expansion to new markets.
You are part of the finance team at MR MARVIS and report into the Head of Finance. As a team we will prepare MR MARVIS for our first external audit by the accountant over the FY 2022. Therefore, we are trying to automate as many processes as possible, but it is important you are also able to explain to your colleagues why internal controls are important while you set these up in collaboration with them. You will also be the first point of contact to the external auditors.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is building on previous gained experience in accounting or accountancy and is now ready for a next step by taking full ownership of the administration of MR MARVIS and safeguard (tax) compliance.
As MR MARVIS is a scale-up there will be many opportunities to also develop yourself outside of your current expertise and familiarise yourself with the operations of the company.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible to lead and improve the month-end closing process including consolidation (in Lucanet) and the preparation of monthly reporting. This includes aligning with various stakeholders on accruals and other liabilities to account for.
- Understand and propagate legal (statutory) and management reporting are just as important and are correct every close.
- Explain to your colleagues why internal controls and processes are important while you set these up in collaboration with them.
- Gather valuable insights through analysis of our financials in order to optimise both our financial and operational performance.
- Participate in the implementation project of our new ERP system Odoo.
- Make sure MR MARVIS is tax compliant.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities (Source to Pay process) which the Financial Controller will perform.
- Be ready to use your expertise and knowledge to help others within the organisation with projects or ad hoc requests.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 5 years in finance (Accounting or Accountancy);
- HBO/WO diploma in the direction of Finance;
- Experience with all the aspects of the month-end closing process;
- High level Excel skills;
- Experience in deploying and implementing new financial processes and internal controls within a medium size company;
- Understanding of EU VAT regulations;
- Strong affinity with automation and implementation of ERP systems;
- Fluency in English (written and verbal);
- Experience in a fast growing scale up is a plus;
- Experience with Lucanet, Exact Online or Odoo is a plus
What you’ll get
- 25 vacation days;
- A pension scheme, because later is also important;
- Mobility allowance in case you live outside of Amsterdam;
- MacBook or a Windows laptop (what you prefer);
- Daily fresh lunch served at the office;
- Trainings, both in-house and external;
- A brand new office near the Amstel Hotel;
- Working in an international team at a fast-growing scale-up;
- Cool team events and Friday afternoon drinks).
MR MARVIS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees. A diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at MR MARVIS.
Excited? We would love to hear from you.
Salaris: €50,000 - €70,000 per yearLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 26 september 2022Voor een internationale bank in Amsterdam zijn wij op zoek naar een Financieel Accountant. Heb jij affiniteit met financiën en boekhouding? Heb jij een interne drive om problemen op te lossen en continu te zoeken naar oplossingen en verbeteringen? Lees dan verder!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 15 september 2022Ben jij al een aantal jaar werkzaam als financial en ben jij klaar voor een volgende stap als Financial controller binnen een van de beste hotels wereldwijd? Vind jij het leuk om te coachen en je financiële kennis te delen met je team? Dan is deze uitdagende rol bij het Conservatorium hotel een perfecte kans voor jou!
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 13 september 2022Currently we are recruiting for an Interim Financial Controller for or a financial institution focussed on real estate services in Amsterdam. Are you available in short notice for a (new) freelance assignment? Do you have experience in finance and IFRS experience? Please continue reading!
Salaris: €70,000 - €75,000 per yearLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 29 september 2022Voor een van de Big 4 kantoren in Amsterdam zoeken wij een Business Controller. Iemand die zelfstandig te werk kan gaan, goed is in stakeholdermanagement en al meerdere jaren ervaring heeft in Business Control zal hier goed kunnen gedijen. Je krijgt er een toonaangevende werkgever en een goed salarispakket voor terug. Interessant? Lees dan verder.
Salaris: €65,000 - €75,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 15 september 2022Voor een internationaal opererend op- en overslag bedrijf in Amsterdam, genaamd OBA, zoeken wij een Business Controller. Iemand die juist zichzelf nog wilt ontwikkelen naar Business Control en de rechterhand van de Finance Manager wilt worden. Het bedrijf staat volop in een transitie om groener te worden en toekomstbestendig.