Consultant Tess van Londen
Datum 19 december 2022noord-holland accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-12-19 2023-02-17 fashion Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Are you ready for a next step as Financial Controller? For Mr.MARVIS we are looking for a full-time Financial Controller to be based at the headquarters in Amsterdam. Interested? Please read further.
About MR MARVIS
MR MARVIS is a fast-growing Amsterdam-based online menswear brand that is fully dedicated to delivering the perfect shorts & trousers. After a successful launch in 2016 it has become the NUMBER 1 shorts brand in the Netherlands! Expanding quickly, with physical stores in Amsterdam as well as Antwerp and online presence in Germany, France, Belgium, UK, Spain, Denmark and Italy.
Our mission is to share positive energy around the world and make people feel marvellous. We do so by creating iconic designs, offering best-in class service and driving conscious decisions for people and the planet.
As a clothing brand, we want to take responsibility for the impact we have on the world. We aim for timeless design, conscious choices for more sustainable materials and local European production (handmade in Portugal) - in short we are an advocate of “slow fashion”. That is why we are working every day to reduce our emissions and create value for everyone who comes into contact with MR MARVIS. We are currently preparing to qualify for B Corp certification in 2022. This certification is only given to companies that can demonstrate that they make a significant contribution to a better world.
As Financial Controller
You hold a key position in setting up the finances and operations at MR MARVIS in a scalable way. This varies all the way from setting up every day procedures and internal controls to preparing monthly reporting for our investors. You should be someone who is excited about bringing change by connecting stakeholders in order to get things done quickly.
You will participate in projects to make sure finance is involved at an early stage, for us to be aware of what is happening in the organisation, and to anticipate potential changes. Examples of projects are the implementation of our new ERP software (Odoo), the addition of 3PL warehouses in our supply chain and footprint expansion to new markets.
You are part of the finance team at MR MARVIS and report into the Head of Finance. As a team we will prepare MR MARVIS for our first external audit by the accountant over the FY 2022. Therefore, we are trying to automate as many processes as possible, but it is important you are also able to explain to your colleagues why internal controls are important while you set these up in collaboration with them. You will also be the first point of contact to the external auditors.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is building on previous gained experience in accounting or accountancy and is now ready for a next step by taking full ownership of the administration of MR MARVIS and safeguard (tax) compliance.
As MR MARVIS is a scale-up there will be many opportunities to also develop yourself outside of your current expertise and familiarise yourself with the operations of the company.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible to lead and improve the month-end closing process including consolidation (in Lucanet) and the preparation of monthly reporting. This includes aligning with various stakeholders on accruals and other liabilities to account for.
- Understand and propagate legal (statutory) and management reporting are just as important and are correct every close.
- Explain to your colleagues why internal controls and processes are important while you set these up in collaboration with them.
- Gather valuable insights through analysis of our financials in order to optimise both our financial and operational performance.
- Participate in the implementation project of our new ERP system Odoo.
- Make sure MR MARVIS is tax compliant.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities (Source to Pay process) which the Financial Controller will perform.
- Be ready to use your expertise and knowledge to help others within the organisation with projects or ad hoc requests.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 5 years in finance (Accounting or Accountancy);
- HBO/WO diploma in the direction of Finance;
- Experience with all the aspects of the month-end closing process;
- High level Excel skills;
- Experience in deploying and implementing new financial processes and internal controls within a medium size company;
- Understanding of EU VAT regulations;
- Strong affinity with automation and implementation of ERP systems;
- Fluency in English (written and verbal);
- Experience in a fast growing scale up is a plus;
- Experience with Lucanet, Exact Online or Odoo is a plus
What you’ll get
- 25 vacation days;
- A pension scheme, because later is also important;
- Mobility allowance in case you live outside of Amsterdam;
- MacBook or a Windows laptop (what you prefer);
- Daily fresh lunch served at the office;
- Trainings, both in-house and external;
- A brand new office near the Amstel Hotel;
- Working in an international team at a fast-growing scale-up;
- Cool team events and Friday afternoon drinks).
MR MARVIS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees. A diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at MR MARVIS.
Excited? We would love to hear from you.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 19 januari 2023Are you ready for a next step as Financial Controller? For Mr.MARVIS we are looking for a full-time Financial Controller to be based at the headquarters in Amsterdam. Interested? Please read further.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 10 januari 2023Ben jij al een aantal jaar werkzaam als financial en ben jij klaar voor een volgende stap als Financial controller binnen een van de beste hotels wereldwijd? Vind jij het leuk om te coachen en je financiële kennis te delen met je team? Dan is deze uitdagende rol bij het Conservatorium hotel een perfecte kans voor jou!
Salaris: €70 - €95 per hourLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 6 januari 2023Geregeld zijn wij voor diverse organisaties binnen de Zakelijke en Financiële Dienstverlening op zoek naar ervaren interim financial controllers. In deze rol ben jij vaak de spil tussen de financiële organisatie en het management. Je verzorgt kwalitatief hoogstaande rapportages en draagt zorg voor een goede administratieve organisatie. Interesse? Lees snel verder!
Salaris: €70,000 - €75,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 14 december 2022You will be responsible for performing various reporting controls on the financial analysis & consolidation of the International division. Ensure timely, reliable, correct and complete (consolidated) actual information using the Group ERP system Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials. This includes worldwide data collection, analysis and the preparation of a reliable information for internal decision making and external publication.
Salaris: €55,000 - €65,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 6 december 2022Pacmed (Amsterdam) is a fast growing scale-up and hiring! Finance is the backbone of growth and as a Financial Controller at Pacmed, you will play a crucial role in this growth. You will provide financial and business insights based on the numbers. And you will work as the right hand of the CFO.