Senior Group Financial Controller
Salaris bonus, leasecar
Consultant Jim Witte
Datum 18 mei 2023noord-holland accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2023-05-18 2023-07-17 hospitality-and-catering Amsterdam North Holland NL Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Zien Group is hiring a Senior Group Financial Controller!
About the job
Based in Amsterdam, Zien Group is formed through the union of the Dijkstra family, founders of Eden Hotels, and KSL Capital Partners, a leading global private equity group focused on travel and leisure. Zien Group acquires, repositions, and operates hotels and hospitality businesses, using an owner-operator model. With decades of proven industry expertise, acumen, and creativity, they are driven by the potential to exceed expectations and ensure their businesses reach their full promise. Zien Group is looking for an exceptional Senior Group Financial Controller for the Corporate Office in Amsterdam.
As a Senior Financial Controller, you will play a crucial role in the financial management of the entire group of 20+ operating and holding companies. Your responsibility is to oversee the consolidation, reporting, and external audit of the group. You will be an integral part of our active buy and build strategy, ensuring the smooth onboarding of future acquisitions and setting up group-wide finance processes, systems, accounting policies, and internal controls.
In this role, you will work closely with the Group Finance Manager to optimise the reporting, accounting, and compliance processes. Your focus will be on periodic statutory requirements and compliance areas related to lenders, investor requirements, operations, and real estate assets. With your strategic mindset and organisational skills, you'll develop finance processes, systems, accounting policies, and internal controls to support the company's active buy and build strategy and drive sustainable growth.
At Zien Group, we highly value individuals who have a distinctive outlook and exceptional proficiency in their role. We are actively seeking a candidate who can bring together those qualities to make a significant impact on our organisation
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise, evaluate, and optimise accounting and reporting processes.
- Prepare (group) financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Prepare annual accounts, including board reports and reporting to shareholders.
- Oversee the consolidation of group entities.
- Perform periodical balance sheet reviews.
- Report to regulatory supervisory bodies and ensure statutory reporting compliance.
- Maintain corporate structure and tax compliance in various jurisdictions, including CIT, VAT, and payroll tax resulting from restructurings.
- Lead the setup process and accounting for new assets/countries in collaboration with other operational and financial representatives.
- Maintain the Group's accounting manual and provide guidance to shared services and other financial and operational stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage fixed asset/development capex processes, including accounting.
We’re looking for someone who
- Holds a master's degree in accounting, controlling, or accountancy, with preference for a registered accountant (RA).
- Has experience in Real Estate or hospitality.
- Has extensive knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS.
- Has experience with M&A.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Has at least 10 years of progressive career experience in finance and accounting, such as accounting, audit, or controlling
- Is adaptable to significant change and rapid growth.
- Is IT-savvy and innovation-minded.
- Can own processes and timelines, delivering high-quality and timely output
- Can design, implement, and communicate processes and controls in a constructive and supportive way for the business
- Has international experience to bring a diverse perspective to the team.
You’ll stand out if you have
- A flexible and adaptable mindset, with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and timelines.
- A proven track record in negotiating contracts and managing supplier relationships.
Our Senior Group Financial Controller will enjoy
- A full-time year-contract (with an intention to extend to an indefinite contract).
- A highly competitive salary.
- Collective insurance and a travel allowance.
- Enjoy two free nights a year in one of the hotels of the Zien Group of your choice.
- Substantial discount on even more nights, also for Family & Friends.
- 25 days of holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days.
- We offer ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow and excel in your role.
- Take advantage of our healthy bicycle scheme to stay active and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Hybrid working with a base at a super central location in Amsterdam (or in one of our hotels) gives you the flexibility to work where you're most productive.
- Share in our success with a colleague bonus scheme.
- A team of talented colleagues and unmatched creative freedom.
- Celebrate your successes and build relationships with your colleagues at our social events and a thoughtful gift for all the wonderful moments in life.
- You are part of the ambitious growth plans of Zien Group.
- At Zien Group, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference to your chances during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Does this sound as a challege you would be interested in? Apply or reach out!
Neem contact op
+31 20 644 46 55
Salaris: €90,000 - €120,000 per annum + bonus, leasecarLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 23 mei 2023Zien Group (Amsterdam) is hiring a Senior Group Financial Controller! Zien Group is a Hotel Group with serious growth ambitions. The CFO is looking for a right hand from a group finance perspective. Your responsibility is to oversee the prepare group statements, consolidation, reporting, and external audit of the group. .
Salaris: €80,000 - €100,000 per annumLocatie: HoofddorpDatum online: 25 mei 2023For an European logistical service provider with over 45 years of experience we are looking for a Finance Manager Europe. The office is located in Hoofddorp. By providing a reusable transport system the company drives CO2 reduction and helps customers meeting their sustainability goals. Do you want to contribute to sustainability and are you ready for a new step? Please continue reading.