Senior Financial Controller
Salaris €80,000 - €90,000 per annum
Consultant Marjolijn Hartwig
Datum 4 september 2023noord-holland accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2023-09-04 2023-11-03 retail Amsterdam North Holland Helmholtzstraat 61E NL 1098LE EUR 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.nl https://www.robertwalters.nl/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
To care wildly for customers, first bloomon cares wildly for its teams. Everyone here workes hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all people to thrive and be successful each day. For bloomon we are looking for a Senior Financial Controller! 🌷
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. Always using field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and delivered to customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
Launched in Amsterdam in 2014, bloomon went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 bloomon joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by the vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, it's now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
The group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led the £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). Today it's a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together active in 8 countries.
Bloom & Wild Group really cares about creating a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. In the team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
The Finance Team
Finance at Bloom & Wild group is organised around two main teams which are led by the VP of Finance, though everyone collaborates closely as one function and works with other teams across the business too.
Financial Control & Reporting - runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable. They are also responsible for spearheading any process improvements or transformational projects.
Financial Planning & Analysis - manages the budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. They are also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
What will you do?
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Controller to join the Finance team in Amsterdam. You'll be the most senior finance team member in the Netherlands, and will support the Group Head of Financial Control and Reporting with coordination and compilation of management accounts and statutory accounts for the bloomon entities and the group (consolidation).
You'll be responsible for:
- Lead on the compilation of management accounts for the bloomon entities and contribute to group consolidation procedures;
- Lead on the audit of the NL statutory entities, being the main point of contact for the NL component audit team and managing the process so that it runs efficiently. Liaise with the group auditors based in London on NL related matters where required;
- Ownership of reporting on the bloomon balance sheet and cash flow, as well as group in the fullness of time;
- Play an important role in the implementation of a new group wide inventory management system and design the new process and financial controls;
- Contribute to group consolidation procedures in close collaboration with other departments and enable quicker reporting;
- Review of the general ledgers and collaborate with the Tax manager to ensure compliance across NL for all reporting requirements;
- Manage Junior Financial Controllers, supporting their progression and development.
- Manage a Finance Manager who is responsible for group wide process improvements and junior treasury management.
As the role develops, you'll take on more reports and responsibilities across the wider group.
- Masters degree in Controlling or Accounting (or equivalent, postmaster is a plus);
- 5+ years experience, preferably within industry with an audit background;
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills with a high attention to detail, alongside an ability to interpret and communicate conclusions;
- Ability to demonstrate ownership of significant areas of work and keep to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to spot problems, identify potential efficiencies, and suggest improvements;
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, adaptable and innovative; willingness to get stuck in;
- Good team player; develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English);
- Experience using NetSuite would be an advantage.
Work that works for you:
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm);
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year;
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023);
- Share in success with a choice to take equity options from day 1;
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart;
- Support for your commute to the office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a bike, an NS business card or expense reimbursement;
- Phone allowance;
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year;
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’);
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you;
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar;
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions;
- Allies and champions groups;
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers;
- In person and virtual yoga every week;
- The office kitch is stocked with healthy drinks and snacks to keep you going;
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit;
- Workplace pension contributions;
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme;
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform;
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
Moments that matter
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch options at the locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen;
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ);
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar;
- Celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!;
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations;
- Irresistible discounts on the products, blooms & subscriptions!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon!
Salaris: €75,000 - €83,000 per annum + bonusLocatie: HoofddorpDatum online: 21 augustus 2023Olympia (Hoofddorp) is op zoek naar een Senior Financial Controller. Heb jij veel financial control ervaring of BIG4/Smaller 5 ervaring? In deze brede en complexe rol ligt veel uitdaging en groei! Interesse? Lees snel verder!
Salaris: €70,000 - €100,000 per annumLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 2 augustus 2023Voor een internationaal beursgenoteerd bedrijf genaamd Eurofins, zoeken wij een Business Controller. Eurofins zet zich in voor een duurzame wereld en probeert deze te beschermen. Je zit dicht op de business en kunt veel impact maken binnen deze rol. Locatie: Amsterdam/Barneveld en omgeving. Interesse? Lees verder.
Salaris: NegotiableLocatie: AmsterdamDatum online: 14 september 2023Our client is a leading European Consulting Agency focused on Digital Strategy. For their Dutch HQ in Amsterdam we are looking for a Finance Manager. It is a very versatile and exciting role which also incorporates project management, Accounting & Controlling, Reporting and HR administration.