Manager General Accounting
Salaris €65,000 - €80,000 per annum + bonus + car
Consultant Kimberley Verasdonck
Datum 11 juni 2018Zuidplein 28 1077 XV Amsterdam Robert Walters The Netherlands
Are you excellent in managing a small team? Do you have extensive experience in Accounting? Are you interested in working for a large retailer in Amstelveen? We are looking for a Manager General Accounting!
Our client is a well-known retailer, located in Amstelveen.
The Manager General Accounting possesses a central position and leads the Financial Accounting Department and produces efficient processes, a clear set-up of internal controls and accurate and timely reporting of the actual figures according in- and external guidelines (e.g. legal, compliance).
You will be responsible for the consolidation of multiple entities and the transparency in financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) of the company, with a specific focus on the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage Accounting and Forecast process according external reporting Guidelines (IFRS, local GAAP) of all Holding and non-operational companies.
- Perform accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process.
- Prepare documents for in- and external audit purposes.
- Set-up the ledgers that meet the business needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, including SSCs.
- Responsible for constant process improvement in order to enhance efficiency, transparency and customer service.
- Set-up and maintain internal controls and embedding them in the Internal Control Framework.
- Monitor and review internal checks and controls and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage and solve conflicts with legal and tax compliance issues.
- Correct and timely delivery of the consolidated reporting packages to corporate.
- Deliver dashboard to management (Accounts Receivable and write offs, Balance Analyses), increase awareness and support business objectives.
- Proactively manage significant and strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, optimize and test supporting systems.
- Responsible for correct set-up of interfaces from backbone systems to the financial systems.
- Manage performance and development (incl. succession) of direct reports.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- At least a Master degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in an Accounting position of which 2 years in a management position, preferably in retail/wholesale.
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP & IFRS is a strong pre.
- Good communicative and advice skills at different levels, as well as excellent command of the Dutch and English language;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Excel and ERP (SAP) systems;
- Competencies: excellent analytical capacities, helicopter view, result-oriented, strong planning and organizing skills, accurate, proactive and ambitious.
- Excellent salary package
- Flexible working hours
- Great and inspiring working environment with fun and ambitious colleagues
- Many (international) growing opportunities within the company
- Beautiful office with good facilities in Amstelveen
- Employee discount on products
Great! Please apply via the button below for the Manager General Accounting position. We are looking forward to meeting you.